Recent content by 4X50 Exploder | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 4X50 Exploder

1. 4

SuperLift, Long Radius Arm, Bracket problems???

Please define "Done"... I have completed the lift but the whole project is not done yet. Heck, I don't know if a 4X4 is ever done, I think you just wait for the next surge of cash... I have a more oftenly updated thread over at, Going Up! or you can check my photo albums if you would like...
  2. 4

Drive shaft extension...

Ruff Stuff sells the perches for SOA. Some people flip and modify the old shock mount but I made my own so I could use larger shocks. If you can weld, it is an easy conversion. I did the install and it looks like the driveline length will be OK on road but i'm planning on taking it to the...
  3. 4

A couple pics of my project.

You are right he has done an awsome job and is a great inspiration! This may give you a little peak of what you can do with a lifted '53, f100. '50 on '93 EX Beware, the chasis widens out aft of the cab so the bed would need major modification to fit the rear wheels...
  4. 4

Going Up! (4X50 Exploder progress)

This is too funny! I just came across Erki's build and your post about Fauxtina paint. After checking out the artical, I noticed your name and went to check out your build... Both are nice looking projects and it is comforting to see that I'm not the only oine with the insanity bug! I think...
  5. 4

A couple pics of my project.

Great Job! Keep the updates comming... By any chance do you have any photos of what you have done for body mounts? I've got something similar going on and i'm to the point of mounting the cab...
  6. 4

Vinyl Trim Paint

Find a local PPG Paint dealer, They carry a good variety and can order others...
  7. 4

ball joint?

4X4Junkie's article made alot of since to me and I realy don't see how the full clips could be harder to get apart than those nasty C-Clips were! While I had the front end apart, I also followed another of his recomendations and opened up/widened the window where the passenger side axle shaft...
  8. 4

ball joint?

I got them at the same industrial bearing supply place that I bought the u=joints at...
  9. 4

ball joint?

Take a look at this thread, Bombproofing your 4WD Front Axle U-joints by 4x4junkie. I was able to get the Spicer 5-760X replacement u-joints at a local industrial bearing suplier for the same as I could fing them online... I went with the lifetime napa ball joints but don't have any milage on...
  10. 4

Local help? I am at a stand still. My cutting tourch whent down and now I can't get the bed off the frame... Is there anyone close to Spokane, WA that could loan me there cutting tourch head for about an hour? I have the tanks and hose but the cheap tourch I bought has gone belly up before I...
  11. 4

Carefull what you wish for... Spares are sometimes more troble than they are worth...
  12. 4

Nope, it's just a spare winch!;)
  13. 4

More than I expected Well, it turned out that it wasn't sheet metal. It was 1/8" plate steel! Took alot of grinding to get it out and get to the plywood... Now I need to cut where the supports are welded to the frame. I was in the process of doing that last night but my cutting tourch screwed...
  14. 4

Yea, This part of the project is not fun or fancy but it something that has to be done and right now I can do it with the grinding wheels that I have on hand and I don't have to spend anything....
  15. 4

Slow going! Yea, I have the buckets staged inside the house... It's been about 2 hours of grinding and I've only got 1-1/4 sides done.... too cold to stay outside very long without a break to thaw out... If I wasn't afraid of warping the metal on the side of the beds I would go ahead and...
Back