Recent content by 87tpita | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 87tpita

1. 8

She's gone

Gotcha,,, at this point I'm just going to sell it as a parts car. I got it for free drove at 9 months have only invested few hundred bucks into it. Every seal on both differentials is leaking badly. Both timing chain guides are shot and two cylinders are starting to show slight low compression...
  2. 8

She's gone

What would the codes matter? The pan was full of metal shards and clutch fragments.... The magnet was probably three quarters of an inch thick just full of metal
  3. 8

She's gone

Started whining loud in second gear a couple days ago but was still driving and shifting okay. I decided to go to the lakefront for salmon fishing and while on the Eway felt a hard jerk and lost OD. Got off the expressway made it a few blocks and as soon as I hit stop and go traffic the trans...
  4. 8

She's gone

Got the truck for free about 4, 000 miles ago. Did front hub ,rear spindle and hub ,rear toe link ,rear brake pads, fuel filter, intake gasket,valve cover gaskets, plugs and oil change. Was planning on dropping the trans pan and differential covers to change fluid soon. unfortunately it wasn't...
  5. 8

She's gone

Trans started whining a few days ago and just let loose on the expressway
  6. 8

sound like driving over rumble strips

Front and rear are done with new brake pads on the back. It's nice to drive down the street and not sound like a raptor fighter jet
  7. 8

Got the rear knuckle and rear wheel bearing replaced today. Did the brake pads while I was down there and bleed both sides. the moog knuckle needing a 17 mm style rear tie rod so even though it was in good condition ended up replacing that as well. The back bearing was unbelievably bad. Would...
  8. 8

So it turns out the front wheel bearing driver side and the rear wheel bearing driver side are both in pretty bad shape. Have a new Moog assembly coming for the rear today and a hub and bearing assembly coming for the front. Hopefully this will take care of the issue
  9. 8

Mine is the full-time 4 wheel drive. Not sure if it would be considered AWD since it has a high and low 4 by 4 option
  10. 8

Wouldn't I be pissing fluid though?
  11. 8

Thanks, im going to check the bearings this weekend hopefully
  12. 8

I randomly here what sounds to be driving over rumble strips on the expressway coming from the car. It doesn't seem to be speed slightly moving the front steering wheel will occasionally cause it to get better or stop completely. And it only last for 1 to 2 seconds and very random. Anybody have...
  13. 8

02 xlt first time explorer owner

Hello everyone, a buddy of mine gave me his 2002 explorer that his late wife had since new. Sitting at 196,000 but runs good with no rattle on start up and no transmission issues that are noticable. It sat for @ 1 year since they had bought a new suv for her. I just received VC gaskets, intake...
Back