Recent content by 92XLExploder | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 92XLExploder

1. 9

will a 91 ex tcase bolt to a 97

Yes they are, more people that I see use the 4406 when going from the awd tc to a selectable tc, some people also replace the control trac tc with it. I personally want to replace my control trac tc with a transfer case from an older explorer or ranger with a manual shifting tc. My reason is...
  2. 9

will a 91 ex tcase bolt to a 97

From what I understand and the research I have done, most if not all transfer cases from Ford shares the same bolt pattern and spline count. So yes a manual shifting tc for an older explorer or ranger will fit. The only problems you may run into is how strong (or weak) the tc will be behind the...
  3. 9

Stock to a small lift

Well I have a '97 XLT with a mild TT and cheap shackles from a local auto parts store and I can fit 31x10.50x15 without rubbing, I plan to do a full TT with aaf and shackles (not the cheap shackles) when upgrade to 32x10.50x15. you could do what I'm doing but you may need to clearance the...
  4. 9

Interior colors

You are the only one that I have come across with the same color set up as mine and even the same year but I have the ohv 4.0.
  5. 9

Solved Ford Paint Colors

I have a '97 4door with the KN paint code (dark lapis metallic) but mine also have the interior color code JV (J-cloth-premium bucket cirrus, V-lapis) and my tape stripe code is B (B-amethyst-blue) and I got it from the original owner for free because he thought the transmission was going out...
  6. 9

Interior colors

This may be an old thread but I have a '97 4 door blue with blue interior. The paint code is KN which is an uncommon color Dark Lapis Metallic. And the interior is JV.
  7. 9

High compression N/A, Low compression turbo???

I'm in the process of getting a '94 explorer for $200, don't know much about it except it had the front tranny pump seal go out on it. Long story short I want to take my time and build the motor in it. I have tossed around the turbo idea for a long time, but just started thinking about high...
  8. 9

Hybrid D35/D44 TTB

I do know you were talking about putting the TTB in a 2nd gen frame but from the research I have done the frame body mounts on a 1st gen frame will line up with the body mounts on a 2nd gen body but the very front radiator core support mounts. The mounts are wider on the 2nd gen body then the...
  9. 9

Washington /Oregon area

I wouldn't have a problem with it.:)
  10. 9

Washington /Oregon area

Ya wishing for a day without rain in the spring in Oregon is like trying to train a cat to do tricks, very rare. A good rainy day would make for fun in the mudd.:exp:
  11. 9

Washington /Oregon area

A mini meet up does sound interesting and could be fun. We could try to meet up in the spring if we can get a nice day without rain.
  12. 9

Any Oregon trails?

Is there any ORP in Oregon, Growing up Ive only wheeled up old logging roads. Just want a good wheeling spot to take the family.
  13. 9

Washington /Oregon area

May be a transplant but a native Oregonian. Idanha is only 45 minutes away from Stayton.
  14. 9

Washington /Oregon area

I know this is an old thread but I live in Stayton, Or. But from Idanha/Detroit area.
  15. 9

Quick lifter question.

This may sound odd but, since the 4.0 ohv v6 is a roller cam, how are the lifters retained? Ive seen rebuilds of other roller engines and there lifters are retained by a link bar or the "dogbones". I know my way around an engine but haven't been inside a 4.0 ohv (1997 with 250,000+ miles on...
Back