Recent content by 96eb96 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 96eb96

1. 9

4th Gen Explorer 4.0 or 4.6?

Can't keep that here, they get frame rot.
  2. 9

It was a V8. It had a bad torque converter. The dealer said the Original Owner likely towed with it. 10K for a fixed up, well running truck or SUV is "steal territory," with the prices now. I know people paying close to a grand a month for newer stuff. Taken care of, a 2010 V8 in great shape...
  3. 9

09-10 v8's are drop in F150 drivetrains of that year. It was the mid engine choice when the v6 went away. Also has 6R80 F150 grade transmission. I would say they are very reliable, and don't have the 3v timing problems. By this age though, it is an older truck and if the last owner abused it or...
  4. 9

My 2000 XLT Explorer 4 Door

Mine seeps a bit too, not driven that much so I just check it every so often. That rusty torsion bar could snap, Just FYI. Had to get replacements.
  5. 9

I have a 1995 exploder and I am new.

Parking brake on PA rusty truck is likely useless by now. But yeah, if it can hold with a bit of gas.
  6. 9

2022 Ford Explorer Tail Light Assembly

Where are you testing for voltage? (Yes, mine is older) but I had bad sockets and the lights wouldn't work. The socket holds the blub and connects to the harness. I think most cars are set up that way.
  7. 9

Junkyard trip for Gen II parts

98+ could have heated seats. They are installed on the seat bezel. I have my truck state inspected at Ford. The tech that did it said he was around when they came out, he said I thought only 98s had them, he said I guess you added them 😂. Told me he replaced plenty of pads.
  8. 9

Understood, it is not the most fun job. You can replace with zip ties, but I also understand you may want it stock. Zip ties are preferred sometimes because heating elements can short out with metal. A 24 yo seat in JY is 20/80 if it will still heat. And if you use it often, probably won't last...
  9. 9

Best bet with heated seats is to buy a kit. It may wire directly into what you have or you can use the switches. It is pretty simple with a two wire heating element. The heated seat pads usually have an internal thermostat. An old seat may not even heat or be at the end of its life. I have...
  10. 9

Upper Control Arm Question

Bushings usually act as a torsion spring, and spring back with authority. They should not be loose (that would indicate being worn out). There is a torque spec they should be tightened to. Bushings help control body roll.
  11. 9

Parking brake shoes

Mechanism looks pretty trashed. I can lube it up, install those 745 shoes, $18 into it, definitely has a nice cutout for the actuator, maybe it will work but it looks like some metal may be worn away by the top slider. These shoes supposedly have a very high grip too, guess it is for older...
  12. 9

Parking brake shoes

They should be coming soon. I also noticed that on other cars the hardware is much simpler to install (different upper spring). Crown Vics also use these shoes. On some the (1) return spring attaches into the round holes, not the wide V groove.
  13. 9

Bosch 66085 == Walbro GSS250

Amazon service is great. I bought coils for my F150. One misfired, they told me to keep them and refunded me. I put the boot from the new coil on the old and it worked. The other day I did the same to another :lol:
  14. 9

No guarantees. Sometimes Amazon drop ships. Likely though a trusted vendor, just like rockauto.
  15. 9

Rockauto places orders with jobbers who ship parts. E.G. I see stuff from United Auto Parts. UAP supplies Motorcraft to Ford Dealers here. I've bought from Ford recently (friction modifier) and Saw the same UAP type sticker with the dealer name. Not to say every jobber is legit and does not get...
Back