Recent content by 97cherbal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 97cherbal

1. 9

4wd front diff actuator

If I recall correctly your transmission needs to be in either neutral or park in order to go to 4lo
  2. 9

4wd front diff actuator

I recently installed a 96 vacuum front axle into my 98 ,was not aware of the vacuum system when I got front axle!! What I did was very simple. Remove activator slide collar over shafts to lock in axle shafts make sure. make sure activator fork is in line with collar. Reinstall activator onto...
  3. 9

Is a Rear Air Deflector Cool and Do These Mud flaps Make My Rear Look Fat? (Trying to minimize getting road gunk on the rear of my X)

MAS: What brand is that rear deflector & is there attaching hardware with it. What are you asking for it? How much for shipping to 98580. Thanks Thomas
  4. 9

NOTAJP goes solid 1st gen. leaves

my small dog jumped up when I wasnt finished typing & caused it to be posted. Did not see a close up or shackle set up for front leafs. Is it REVOLVER type or standard shackles & how is the frame end set up for the rear of front leafs. Also where can I get the high steer set up for the D30 CAD axle
  5. 9

NOTAJP goes solid 1st gen. leaves

NOTAJP: is that cross section with holes in it that front leaf spring mounts are welded to a factory cross section of the frame? I have a 94 Ranger that im doing a SAS to using the YJ front axle as well. picked up one a few months back with new 4.88 Yukon gears already installed. Is there a soa...
  6. 9

Transmission and Transfer Case Specs by year

can a 1350 be a direct swap in place of a 1354? Just want to find out if the 1350 has a noise issue like my 1354 has, which I believe to be the chain has stretched. Both TCs were picked up from C/L sellers years ago. I just installed the 4wd 5spd & 1354 into my lifted 2wd ranger this last week...
  7. 9

1996 Explorer. The transmission only changes gears when I ease off of the throttle pedal.

a lot of ford A/T problems could be a blown valve body gasket &/or so1LAI2333noi2sas needing to be replaced/ upgraded
  8. 9

Explorers refused at Discount Tire?

well It still is an issue as I was gonna buy 265/75/16s for stock explorer rims for my 98 explorer w/3"BL, & TT, warrior shackles & AAL last summer at Disc Tire & they would only do it if it was carry in wheels & carry out mounted.
  9. 9

Explorers refused at Discount Tire?

the issue will come up again for air checks or flat repair's.
  10. 9

RockRangerII Refresh

so 63" chevy leaf spring with your hangers & shackles will gain how many inches of lift & is that with out any lift blocks?
  11. 9

List of Useful Threads Ford Explorer & Ranger Solid Axle Swap - SAS - Registry Index

cant seem to find pics showing "91 solid axle swap" by chief34
  12. 9

RockRangerII Refresh

Just finished reading all 17pages, AWESOME FABRICATIONS I really think I want both front & back rear leaf spring mounts & your beltech style shackle's as well as the mud flap brackets. All could be DIY as I have a mig welder. Questions you might have some insight to as your wife's jeep is leaf...
  13. 9

FRONT blower motor working intermittently. ( ignition switch?)

didn't realize it was that old of a thread, so sorry as All I did was do a search
  14. 9

2001 Ranger Edge Front to 2000 Explorer

So do you have any modification pics to what you did to make the rear flares work on the explorer
  15. 9

FRONT blower motor working intermittently. ( ignition switch?)

same issue happening with my 98 XLT. Wife is getting up set
Back