Recent content by 98nhexplorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 98nhexplorer

1. 9

No ATF pressure

Ah! That explains why nothing was coming out at the break then. Oh well. Valve body is off now. Gaskets look good. Solenoid(s) then?
  2. 9

No ATF pressure

Some more info; Trans was completely re-built in 2006 at aprox. 91K mi. So really, it has been 110Kmi. but w/o any fluid/filter changes that I know of. Other than the occasional, yet getting more frequent 'can of marbles' sound coming from the TC, it has shifted smoothly. When the O/D light...
  3. 9

No ATF pressure

98 XLT, 4.0 SOHV, 55R55E w/220,000mi. I just started to do the DIY trans flush using the running engine and breaking the line at the output of the external trans cooler. Nothing happening except for slow dripping... I dropped the pan and changed the filter and added back 6+ quarts of new Mercon...
  4. 9

AC not cold

Update: So...I had my local shop check this out while they were doing the state inspection. Gave him the same symptoms as above. He said that it could be overfilled. Tech then vacuums out.35lbs of refrigerant! I had put in at least two, 12oz. bottles. Then a third a couple of weeks later with...
  5. 9

AC not cold

Ambient temp. is 79 degrees Pressure (cold engine) is 15-45lbs. Compressor is cycling on every 6-secs for 1-sec. With engine warmed up, pressure is 18-80lbs. Compressor is cycling on every 10-secs for 3-secs. Still no signs of a leak yet still no cold air. Piping also not cold. Blend...
  6. 9

AC not cold

My '98 Explorer XLT's AC is not blowing cold air this year. Compressor was cycling every ten seconds or so. Put two of the small AA bottles in to charge it up. Seemed better for a few days but gradually returned to blowing warmer air. Got some dye and another small bottle from AZ and charged...
Back