Recent content by Aarnio | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Aarnio

1. A

How to: The Comprehensive Brown Wire Mod Thread

Hmm, how is that? Where or which wire did you get the aux power? I'd like to have that also just to avoid the annoying situation when you have it totally flat with no power at all. I can live with it and will perhaps remember it when done it once now. But just to be on safe side. -edit- Ah...
  2. A

'96 V6 4.0' I did the mod also some weeks ago. Working fine. Only thing is that if you leave the switch 'on' parked or engine not running it drains the battery... I took also the t-case off for some repair: Inside the case all clutch friction plates were totally worn out and perhaps because...
  3. A

1996 4.0 V6 4x4 w BW 4405 t-case. No 4wd.

After reading this '96 transfer case clutch not engaging - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums I think it is the clutch coil inside the t-case. Bummer.
  4. A

After a while, at this again. Replaced the transfer case switch relay (under GEM behind radio) with a new one and I am now down to one single DTC: P1812. ===GEM DTC P1812=== Code: P1812 - Four wheel drive mode select circuit failure Module: Generic Electronic Module Diagnostic Trouble Code...
  5. A

Thanks for your advice. I was thinking about a reman t-case but I thought I'd first give a try to fix this one. So, after being away some time I did the wiring. Should I hear a clunk or some engaging sound from the t-case (clutch) when the extra switch is switched on? I get nothing. So it could...
  6. A

After some reading, I got GEM and TCCC wrong in the previous image, they are apparently viceversa. And that's why I couldn't quite understand it. This should be it? With the extra switch off (position 1&2 connected) it's normal and same as not cut. Switch it on (position 2&3 connected and GEM +...
  7. A

Hello All, I have 1996 Explorer with BW 4405 T-case and HAL-sensors for both front and rear shafts. Is this correct wiring for the mod?
  8. A

Or rather like this? Position 1&2: normal, same as uncut and GEM connected. Position 2&3: cut, GEM disconnected, aux power to TCCC. 2wd = 100%4wd, 4wdAuto = 100%4wd, 4wdLow = 100%4wdLow. HAL-sensors, TOD-relay and GEM bypassed.
  9. A

Hi all, I am trying to understand this brown wire mod for 1996 Explorer from here: How to: - The Comprehensive Brown Wire Mod Thread Would the wiring for 4high go like this? (as in the uploaded / attached file) Please, anyone?
  10. A

Would the 'brown wire mod' bypass all this and force the system into 4wd? Assuming the t-case is ok. All I really want is the 4wd low to work _when_ I want it.
  11. A

Hi folks, The guy that sold the car said everything working and during the short test drive last summer, yes, and apparently not... Well, been fixing this and that. Brakes, brake lines, driver door harness wirings (mirrors, door locks, power windows) But I still have no 4wd. Pretty annoying...
Back