Recent content by Aerostarnut | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Aerostarnut

1. A

Door card retainer clips.

I have a 1997, owned it from new.........I need new door card retainer clips but nothing from RockAuto seem to fit. So far an online chat with Ford has been fruitless. Anyone know where the correct clips can be obtained......part number maybe? Appreciate the help.
  2. A

Rear end howl.

Update......Van is still with the dealership and still not fixed. They're ordering another diff set and will see what that does........this is a bloody nightmare!
  3. A

Rear end howl.

That's what I'm thinking! Thing is, this isn't rocket science, I mean, this kind of gear train has been around for about a million yeas or so. I figured any professional mechanic worth his/her salt would know how to set this up, and if they don't, well there's always the manual! In looking...
  4. A

Rear end howl.

Well, this diff noise has been going on for years, probably 10 or more. It's just that within the last year I've grown tired of it and figured I'd spend the $$ and get it fixed. So there could be some noise in the tires but they've been changed at least twice over this time, but the noise, of...
  5. A

Rear end howl.

Thanks for responding! The cost of parts was $700. I know they replaced the ring and pinion, rest of the money on bearings etc. I don't have a breakdown of parts. I'm taking it back today to have them continue their "work" and would love to hear from anyone who's "successfully" fixed this...
  6. A

Rear end howl.

Hi all......new guy to the list here.....I have a '97 Aerostar. Owned it from new. It has about 134kmiles on it and the diff has howled for the majority of that time. Just (three weeks ago) had it into the Ford dealership to have the howl stopped. $1300 ($700 in parts rest in labor) and...
Back