Recent content by Afrojoe | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Afrojoe

1. A

That's fine lol. More parts for us in the junkyards. I might tear apart a bronco and plan a SAS...

That's fine lol. More parts for us in the junkyards. I might tear apart a bronco and plan a SAS in the future. First I want to get some bumpers and sliders welded up.
  2. A

Oh yeah I've seen him on some Facebook's pages I think. The white X that's hella lifted? It...

Oh yeah I've seen him on some Facebook's pages I think. The white X that's hella lifted? It rolled it over a while back. Didn't hurt anything to bad but dented the Driver Windshield pillar pretty bad.
  3. A

Finding EE Sway Bar or having a custom bent up?

I haven't gotten around to getting any Sway Bars yet. I just recently bought a 1982 280zx that has taken a chunk of attention and funds lol. In the long run I want paint it black and dark purple, redo the interior, and maybe drop a 351w in it. Might look into dropping a 8.8 or 9 inch after the...
  4. A

That's cool man! We the only two? There's a few nice X's down here so I'd be surprised if we were.

That's cool man! We the only two? There's a few nice X's down here so I'd be surprised if we were.
  5. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

I'll probably try that. I bought the type that's "supposed" to fail in the open position but being so cheap to fix it'd be hard not to do.
  6. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

While I have you guys here. Suddenly in the last two days my Z has developed a temperature fluctuation. On the way home today she wouldn't go below 200 and got up to about 233 at points. I drove lightly because of it but it usually stayed between 215-226. Way higher than the constant 194 it use...
  7. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

I'm okay with heavier. The stock OHV isn't exactly a race pony anyways lol
  8. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

I might go pull a 5.0 fan from my local Pull a Part. They have a 30 day return policy so worst case I could probably take it back. Hmmm. I wonder if you could put a clutch on a flex fan to stop it from flattening out as often. I'll let you know when I get around to trying something.
  9. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

No one with definitive info? I'm sure the plastic can last a fair while longer, I just want to replace it as to avoid any issue.
  10. A

March EF Lottery

The only "decal" like thing I've added is a 4x4 badge because there was no mention of 4x4 anywhere but the drivers sun visor. I'm not really a sticker kind of person. Although my lady did hook me up with some custom window art. "I LOVE YOU 8/9/14" On this sides it says "JKM&AHB" Photo quality...
  11. A

OEM Fan Alternatives?

Hello fellow X owners. After some research and a few mind changing finds, I have come to ask a for the knowledge of the elders. My factory clutch driven fan is cracked between blades like almost all of our plastic fans are. My clutch is fine so I can reuse that. But I was looking for non plastic...
  12. A

New to the Explorer thing

With a full TT and Shackles you might be able to fit 32s with trimming. That's honestly my plan once my current tires wear down some. But I also plan to get done 15x8 rims with 3.75 backspace to push them out some. Enjoy the X and come back often! Plenty of good enough on here and always people...
  13. A

New to the Explorer thing

You should be able to clear 31s fine. Some have problems at full lock with 31s in stock form but most don't. I say get 31s and worst case they rub a bit at full lock until you can lift more. Which you can usually avoid full lock anyways or just trim away whatever is rubbing.
  14. A

Shock Replacement Results

Well I decided today that I can't use the Grill Guard so I'll be selling it and perhaps have custom bumpers made. Or maybe I'll put the money toward a locker or some exhaust work.
  15. A

Shock Replacement Results

Well they movie I could have spent on a spare I spent on a brush guard I'm ready to get this thing mounted on. http://i.imgur.com/alYtFH5.jpg I gotta figure out what I'm going to use as brackets to mount it. I wanna make sure the brackets aren't the weakest link of the set up. But I also don't...
Back