Recent content by ajbtv | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by ajbtv

1. A

Adding Remote Start Access

The accessories.ford.com website states the controller is $385 plus install; however, dealers don't seem to want to authorize this price. The price has been reported anywhere from $450 to $800 installed (plus $50/yr), all at authorized Ford dealers. They charged me $695 installed even after...
  2. A

2014 limited heated seat issue

My cargo net on my 2014 was neatly packaged and stuffed in the glovebox.
  3. A

I can now confirm the following: I rolled down my window, locked the doors, waited 30 seconds, reached in and opened the door from the inside, let the car horn start honking. I then received a text: ========= Alert from My 14 Explorer, at 8/4/2013, 2:24PM CDT the security system was...
  4. A

Remote start smart phone app ?

I can now confirm the following: I rolled down my window, locked the doors, waited 30 seconds, reached in and opened the door from the inside, let the car horn start honking. I then received a text: ========= Alert from My 14 Explorer, at 8/4/2013, 2:24PM CDT the security system was...
  5. A

I can only confirm the shock sensor at this time from my experience. However, the activation site states shock and proximity. Since it integrates with the OEM computer, I can't say either way at this time because it is plausible.
  6. A

I can only confirm the shock sensor at this time from my experience. However, the activation site states shock and proximity. Since it integrates with the OEM computer, I can't say either way at this time because it is plausible.
  7. A

It depends on how well they placed the module in the glovebox. It is possible you will need to remove the glovebox cover to get to the module. Take a look at the instructions I posted via a link earlier. If you can get to the module in the glovebox you may be able to remove the jumper, or...
  8. A

Make sure they remove the jumper and activate the shock sensor with their online tool. You need to also go into the settings on the phone application and set up the notification number and carrier to receive texts from the vehicle.
  9. A

You cannot lock and rock because its an advanced dual shock sensor. You have to follow the instructions for setting sensitivity. 1. Roll down driver window. 2. Get out of vehicle and lock it with FOB 3. Wait 30 second 4. With closed fist, reach into the vehicle and hit the steering...
  10. A

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

This one is very helpful. When connecting my phones for the first time it seemed like it just kept asking question after question. Now it asks all the questions on one screen.
  11. A

Hmmm... If the magnifying glass was always there, it wasn't turned on by default on my 2014 Limited. I don't remember seeing any options for the zoom in the setting either before the update.
  12. A

I also noticed I have a magnifying glass on my rear camera. Clicking it zooms in on the tow hitch. Considering my background with electronics, I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to call them LED screens. You, in fact, may not call them that, but that doesn't mean that's not what they are.
  13. A

Took about 30-40 minutes to download. Took the full 30 minutes to install and rebooted the system 5 times. Some things I noticed now that I didn't before (doesn't mean they weren't there) 1. Right LED now shows time and outdoor temperature. I'm pretty sure this is new only because I...
  14. A

Syncmyride.com being updated

Took about 30-40 minutes to download. Took the full 30 minutes to install and rebooted the system 5 times. Some things I noticed now that I didn't before (doesn't mean they weren't there) 1. Right LED now shows time and outdoor temperature. I'm pretty sure this is new only because I...
  15. A

Tell her she will be able to start the car (and confirm it started) while she is standing in the shopping checkout line so it's warmed up or cooled off for her when she gets there. It doesn't matter where you or the vehicle are as long as both you and the vehicle can get cell service. Even...
Back