Recent content by albeegood | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by albeegood

1. A

Fuel Gauge fluctuate

I’m about to replace my anti slosh on my 98 explorer sport and would like to know if one from a 97 explorer fit? Thx.
  2. A

Will parts fit from a 97 to a 98

My truck was involved in an accident and I found a whole explorer in great shape but it’s a 97 4dr and mine is a 98 sports. Does the hood Grille and bumpers from a 97 4dr. fit my 98 2dr. sports?? Thx for any replies.
  3. A

98 Ex - bracket above spare wheel

Does anyone know what those canisters on the bracket is? It looked like they have some fuel lines connected to it. Thx.
  4. A

air in fuel line

I just replaced the thermostat housing, thermostat, both coolant sending units and upper & lower intake gaskets but now my truck will not start ON "FIRST CRANK" WHEN WARM, "ONLY starts on second cranK". No check engine light, bulb does work, truck runs great. Any idea??
  5. A

Solved 2002 Sport Rough Idle Fix

Wow, I was just think can my rough start be my pvc valve after seeing it in the trouble shooting section for rough start. Thx. Was yours always having roughy start or every now & then like me??
  6. A

How to: Lower your explorer (pics)

Thx. If that's the one in your profile photo it's nice. Now that we're on this subject I have another question. I have put just about all new in my front end from upper, lower a arms, ball joints, inner , outters, top, bottom, spindles, bearings, suspension bar links, new RS5000 RANCHO SHOCK and...
  7. A

How to replace upper intake manifold gaskets

Ps. Can you still have an air intake leak but no check engine light?? Yes my check engine light works. Thx.
  8. A

How to replace upper intake manifold gaskets

I hope you can help. I first changed my coolant sending unit and upon doing so removed my upper intake and thermostat lid. Put everything back but had a leak at the thermostat lid and my engine ran roughy till my check engine light came on which turned out to be a upper intake leak. So I ordered...
  9. A

I think you right. That's the reason I wanna lower it back down. I now have to take turns slow cause if I don't my rear sort of hops. I never touched my torsion bars when I brought my truck and it looks pretty nice and hight but I want to lower it, how much can I lower the front with just the...
  10. A

Location of air temperature sensor.

I guess by now you found it but I believe it's the one that sits next to the coolant temperature sensor right above the engine near the thermostat on a 98 Ford explore
  11. A

I agree & also it has a short wheelbase which is the reason it does that I think. I have a question. My truck has nice hight since I bought it 5.1/2" gap. I was wondering if twisting the torsion bars to high will it cause you to feel every little bump/hole/crack in the road?? I could be going...
  12. A

Tires almost new. It started since putting shackle lift bars. It's kind of scary. That's why now I'm thinking on dropping my truck
  13. A

I did som looking around and found some lowering blacks at Andys , should I get aluminum or steel ?? Thx.
  14. A

Lowering Shackles

So all I need are lift(lowering) blocks to lower my truck?? Do I need to replace anything else??
Back