Recent content by Amarotica | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Amarotica

1. A

Explorer light issue

I'm no expert on rear lighting but is there possibly one grounding wire that links them all that could be disconnected? Or do all rear lights go through one wiring harness? Just ideas, maybe the experts could confirm or deny that... Good luck!
  2. A

HELP! 05 Explorer stuck in park, ABS light on

Hi there, does the shift selector actually move but just not change gear or does the selector not move at all?
  3. A

Will a 5R55E fit in a 2004 Explorer 4.0 4x4 currently with a 5R55S?

My 5R55S is destroyed with multiple issues and the 5R55E is a few hundred dollars less for a remanufactured unit with sleeved servo bores and all the important valve body upgrades and such. Does anyone know if it will bolt up the same to the 4.0 engine and transfer case as the 5R55S does? I've...
  4. A

Overdrive stopped working

Hi all, My explorer previously had some problems with engaging any gear and I fixed that with a new valve body. Now, a couple months later, I am having completely different/new problems. I've done tons of research and I've narrowed the problem down to two possible parts. I would really like some...
  5. A

5R55W doesn't engage when going from P to D and P to R

boominXplorer I really appreciate your input. Just because I didn't do exactly what you recommended, doesn't mean I didn't consider it. I spent more than an hour researching what you said so I could come up with the most logical way to proceed from your post :) Since I just bought the car a few...
  6. A

I guess I wasn't clear? The valve body did fix all the issues... I never said anything about replacing a solenoid pack with an ebay one... I was researching every recommendation y'all sent my way but for the arguments that it was the servos, I knew from my own research servos simply wouldn't...
  7. A

Hey everyone! Thanks to all for the replies, this morning I got under the car and reconnected the solenoid pack wiring harness and cleared codes, then all problems went away! I have driven about 30 miles since the repair at all different speeds and the car is shifting like new without any...
  8. A

Hey everyone, So my newish valve body got here and I installed it over the last two days in shop class. It was the cheapest possiblility so I thought I would start with that. But as anybody would guess, I've run into more problems. I ran the car for a few minutes while I filled it back up with...
  9. A

Thanks for your thoughts! I haven't thought about it that way (that they may have said the most common problem without knowing the problem)... Today in shop class I lifted my car up and looked closer at the tranny and IF they had opened the drain plug, they didn't put a crush washer back in or...
  10. A

From "The Transmission Shop" page on the four versions of the 5r55: The Valve body can also have excessive wear, most often seen on the TCC (torque converter clutch) modulator bore, or main regulator bore.
  11. A

UPDATE: Hi all, so today I called the ford center who "diagnosed" my tranny problems originally. I asked the guy what they meant by "solenoid bore" and after five minutes of hold, he came back and said he talked to his tech and they said it was "meant to say" and they actually did mean SERVO...
  12. A

Thanks for the reply! Ford specifically said "line pressure low due to solenoid bore being excessive." I ordered a refurbished valve body from eBay for $60 so I'm going to try that cause it's the cheapest possibility and go from there. I am really hoping I don't have to disassemble the tranny!
  13. A

Any trans people seen my problem yet? Thanks
  14. A

If I buy a valve body online, does anybody have any idea if it comes with the springs and pieces that go in it or are those something separate? Any more opinions of what it could be? I really appreciate the answers so far and I'd love to get a few more opinions before I go ahead and order the...
  15. A

Hi everyone (I know, another 5R55W troubleshooting post)... I have the 2004 Explorer XLT 4x4 and my transmission has some problems. I'll break this up into symptoms I have, what I am thinking so far, and advice I got from Ford. Symptoms: There are a few different things happening at different...
Back