Recent content by Anticitizen1 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Anticitizen1

1. Anticitizen1

2nd Gen Rare Interior/Other Parts For Sale

Sorry to be absent gentlemen! I do believe I still have the switches, I'll dig into my old stashes tonight to see what's still around. Terryman, please PM me your phone # and I can text you pictures, otherwise I'll email you. Thanks for the patience!
  2. Anticitizen1

Ped5Stang Used Parts!

Hi guys, don't mean to jump on someone's thread, but I may have some wood grain components in storage I'd be willing to part with, door panels, window switches, radio bezels, NOS floor mats etc. I just need to renew my Elite Status so I can create my own sale post, but wanted you guys to see...
  3. Anticitizen1

98 EX, Locking Hub Questions

I may look into doing the Mile Marker hubs, definitely swapping to a disconnected front hub setup in the next few months. The 73 Mustang fastback is down for the count at the moment, so I think I'll turn my attention back to the truck. Hubs, Transgo Shift Kit and maybe Torque Monster Headers may...
  4. Anticitizen1

Aggressive AT tire?

+1 For the Kuhmo Road Venture AT51's, I have a set in LT 245/75R16 and they have been wearing well! Think I'll get well into 65k+ miles before they're due for replacement.
  5. Anticitizen1

My Explorer build.

Where did you source your plug wires? I need to do this on my 98, but finding the Factory spec motorcrafts is tough these days.
  6. Anticitizen1

Finding EE Sway Bar or having a custom bent up?

I've had the Hellwig 1" rear bar for several months, and I like it very much. I'd recommend it to anybody for an upgrade from a safety perspective alone.
  7. Anticitizen1

2000 explorer what upgrades first

Start with the tuneup, then I'd say do the suspension. MOOG Urethane Sway Bar Bushings and Endlinks, Hellwig 1 Rear Sway Bar, do the bigger front bar too if 97 or older. This will SIGNIFICANTLY increase the handling capabilities of your truck, reduce the likelihood of a rollover, and you can...
  8. Anticitizen1

Wanting to get rid of the chipped key, see post

My way around this was to wire in a programmable PATS bypass module along with my remote start unit I installed myself. Used on 2 different trucks and they work great, you use your key in the ignition and tap into the PATS and it reads and copies the signal, and permanently sends the signal to...
  9. Anticitizen1

Transfer Case

I have a spare 4406 out of a '97 f150 sitting in my shop right now, I had it in my truck but changed it after chasing a vibration that ended up being a bad wheel bearing and an unbalanced front driveshaft. If you want to save yourself the hassle of pulling that other case and have one soon, I...
  10. Anticitizen1

I think we can do that, please PM me an offer sir. Thanks for your patience with my reply, been busy as of late.
  11. Anticitizen1

4.10s with 265/75 R16's and 5.0?

Is anybody currently running this configuration? (5.0/BW4406/4.10LS) I don't do much offroading anymore, but would like a slightly taller tire size than my LT245/75R16 tires I am currently running for the few times when I do go out. I currently have the stock 3.73 gear ratio and no lift, just 1"...
  12. Anticitizen1

Rotor or wheel bearing?

You know what I actually missed that he said it was a 2WD truck. I'm from CT, the 2WD version is so rare up here I don't think I've ever seen one, guess that would change the type of wheel bearing. Still sounds like a bearing issue to me, thanks for pointing that out.
  13. Anticitizen1

Rotor or wheel bearing?

I'm still definitely for the wheel bearing, been there done that more times than I'd like to remember haha. That said, bad tires can definitely cause many issues with noise vibration and harshness though, they're definitely worth checking any time those conditions are present. Tread wear, uneven...
  14. Anticitizen1

Rotor or wheel bearing?

I'd say wheel bearing. I've fixed a lot of these over the years, will the humming above 40mph go away when turning left? If it does, it's probably the RIGHT hub bearing. By turning the opposite direction of the humming, it temporarily reduces the stress on the bearing and gives you a fairly...
  15. Anticitizen1

I might have a couple sources for a 2 spoke steering wheel, if I find one I will let you know.
Back