Recent content by AustinM | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by AustinM

1. A

Water in the gas?

I have over 3/4 a tank and I can't keep it running for long enough to drain it that low I don't think so I would just have so straight siphon it.
  2. A

Water in the gas?

I was going to try and use some heet on it this morning and pray that works.
  3. A

Water in the gas?

I've got a 93 explorer xlt and it recently started to die on me. It is incredibly random too, it will have a sudden loss of power and then cut out all together. It doesn't do it when there's a heavy load on the engine, normally when it's close to idle. When it does die, sometimes it will start...
  4. A

Everything hit the fan

Thanks for the good wishes! I do have one (hopefully) last question though: I'm learning all of this as I go and when I went and searched up the temp sender to get a replacement it also showed me the thermostat units as well so I am trying to figure out which things the temp sender and the...
  5. A

Everything hit the fan

Well I was able to fill it and run it once more last night, using a piece of blue tape on the reservoir to mark where I filled it so I would be able to see any drop. I drove it again last night after the fill with no drop, risked taking it to work today (didn't really have another choice) and...
  6. A

Everything hit the fan

And if I do find coolant when I pull the spark plug?
  7. A

Everything hit the fan

Would an external leak lose that much coolant while driving but basically none while sitting in the driveway? I'm concerned that my headgasket is leaking or that the leak is somewhere internal based on the exhaust smell from when it's idling and just how much I'm losing with no visible leak on...
  8. A

Everything hit the fan

Alright, I think I have some problems. I got home and I did your first step including instructions I found on here on how to get the rest of the air out of the system. Everything seemed all fine and dandy so I decided to take it for a short drive to see how everything was going while keeping the...
  9. A

Everything hit the fan

Nope, I don't have an infrared thermometer. What's the best way to test a bad temp sender?
  10. A

How Many Miles are on Your Explorer?

93 XLT 350, x.. on it, original engine and transmission.
  11. A

Everything hit the fan

I have a 93 explorer and I have noticed lately that even when it is super cold outside (around freezing), my temp gauge will jump from cold, up to almost being in the red part of the gauge within minutes. My coolant level looks okay and I'm trying to figure out what else might be wrong with it...
  12. A

93 Explorer XLT Deck Swap

I bought my explorer last year and had the deck switched out to a new one, but after my battery died last week (I'm assuming when the battery got jumped) the deck stopped working. So I'm looking at replacing it, and I'm trying figure out if it would be easy enough for me to just buy the deck on...
  13. A

93 Explorer Thinks Lights are on or Keys are in Ignition

About two thirds of the time when I shut off the car and open the door, it'll ding like it's warning me that the lights are on or I left the keys in the ignition (neither of which are ever true). Sometimes giving the ignition slot a smack, or moving it a little will resolve the issue and make it...
  14. A

'93 Explorer XLT With 345,000+ Miles Large Oil Leak

Is there a good guide somewhere on how to go about replacing those?
  15. A

'93 Explorer XLT With 345,000+ Miles Large Oil Leak

I've only owned it for just over a year, but I've never replaced it.
Back