Recent content by Avonedwins | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Avonedwins

1. A

Aftermarket keypad location

im adding the FoMoCo keypad entry to my 08 Explorer. I would like to avoid putting it on the paint and inside the gas door isn’t an option with the way the gas fill seals. Anyone else put one on in a somewhat hidden position? Pics are appericiated. Thanks all.
  2. A

Pax side dash melting

the passenger side dash above the airbag seems to be melting in my 08 XLT. It's only the area above the airbag. The rest of the dash is perfect. Fibers from cleaning cloth gets stuck in it and looks wet but is just sticky. Anyone else have this? What have you done? Is this a manufacture defect...
  3. A

Loud short squeak on start up.

I should specify. It's a 2008 with the 4.0L v6
  4. A

Loud short squeak on start up.

Recently the explorer started making this noise upon start. It's short lasting and loud as all getout. Replaced the belt today and it's still doing it. Not sure where it's coming from but any help would be awesome. Link to the YouTube video below so you can hear it.
  5. A

cure of rapid flashing for 4gen?

The 4th gen flasher is an electrical flasher built into the Smart Junction Box. (SJB) no fix for hyper flash except resistors.
  6. A

2008 LED turn signals

Ok so I have yet to find a solid answer on the 08 and newer Explorers. I replaced my the signals with LED. As expected I now have the hyper flash and info center giving the check LR,RR,LF,RF turn signal warning. Took to a dealer to have the SJB reflashed and they told me that they went into the...
Back