Recent content by bbwb | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by bbwb

1. B

Gather, my brothers, and hear my tale of woe

It seems that many dealerships are having unqualified personnel working on these vehicles instead of really well trained ones (I am the one that left a Ford Dealership with no bolts holding the rear brake caliper on after new brakes were installed), so I too have experienced on-the-job training.
  2. B

Ford Factory Service

UPDATE: Dropped off at dealership and the service advisor was clearly upset by this. Made them give me a loaner. Was starting to give them the benefit of the doubt until the Service Manager called me. He started in by "well I can see by the video that the service tech put the bolts back in...
  3. B

Ford Factory Service

The wife's Exp into Ford due to squeaky brakes (43K miles). They looked at them and came back with the rear brakes being worn down to 4mm. The fronts were measured at 8mm (was told new pads are 8mm??). I didn't question it, but that did not make sense to me, but told them to go ahead and...
  4. B

Glove box door removal

Yup, not a bad idea.
  5. B

Glove box door removal

My suggestion would be to remove the airbag that is just above the knee space and then you will be able to access the white pins much, much easier. I found this method out after spending a couple of hours trying to put the damn pins back in after I removed them to replace the cabin air filter...
  6. B

Cabin air filter air flow direction?

The air flow is down. If it were the other way, how does the debris end up on the top side of the filter? The debris is filtered before it gets to the fan and the coils..
  7. B

Cabin air filter air flow direction?

No, arrow should be down as the fresh air is from the cowl area, down through the filter then to the fan and coils for heating or cooling. Robert
  8. B

Cabin Air Filter the Easy Way

Hi All: I haven't posted much, just browsed over the years. I went to replace the cabin air filter for the second time since owning my '17 XLT. I forgot how miserable of a job it was to get the stupid white pins back in after changing the filter. So the first part of the proceedure to...
  9. B

2020 Aviator

Very hansom on the exterior...interior does not do it for me. I find that this is an almost direct copy of the Land Rover that was being tested for several months this spring. If I knew how to post pictures, I would post a picture of the camouflaged LR.
  10. B

Explorer Battery Life Expectancy

Take a look at the warranty...the Motorcraft Batteries have a longer free replacement before prorating than the others. I too have had exceptional battery luck and got 10 years and 155,000 miles (don't know how much longer the battery lasted as I sold the car) in my '77 Oldsmobile Omega in...
  11. B

Weatherstrip issues

My 2017 XLT has this problem on the driver's door. Will check with into replacement when the weather warms up.
  12. B

Is this decent deal on 2017 XLT with 202A and Sports Appearance Package?

One other thing to check into is when you pay off FMC, your new financial institution may consider the vehicle a "used vehicle" and then use the higher used car rate. I had this happen to me when I did the exact same thing on a 2005 Taurus...the rate was higher than the Ford Credit.
  13. B

2020 Explorer

I STAND CORRECTED. I did some internet surfing and what I saw was not an Explorer...it was a 2019 Range Rover. I found some photos on the internet and that is what was driving around. The Range Rover sure had the markings of an Explorer.
  14. B

2016 Ford Explorer Gasket hanging

I believe it is excess rubber from the mount center (poured over the sides of the metal and now it is pulling away). Like others have stated, not a bad idea to have it looked at. bbwb
  15. B

Hood Struts ??

I too had trouble with the clips...spent much time springing them open and sliding up the fitting before installing on the ball. Then futzed around getting the clip to slide back down and seat. The clips got a little mangled up but seem to have seated. bbwb
Back