Recent content by benman | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by benman

1. B

Replaced 2007 Mountaineer horn with Wolo Maxi Sound

The horn hadn't been working for a few weeks and knew it wasn't the clockspring or the fuse. Finally did it and was able to reuse the bracket for the new horns. The stock horn is a dual horn and one of the horns looked pretty close to the way it probably did in 2007 but the other was just a...
  2. B

ABS and Traction Control with Weak Horn: Related?

Battery is only 2.5 years old. Would checking output with a multimeter find if it's a problem that would cause such things?
  3. B

ABS and Traction Control with Weak Horn: Related?

2007 Mountaineer awd premier v8 A few months ago, I started having the ABS/Traction Control/Wrench light issue that others have talked about here. It was intermittent -- only occasionally. At the same time, I noticed that sometimes when I locked the car, the horn sounded weak, like it was...
  4. B

07 Radiator change

Ah, 2006 is $363. 2007 is $168.
  5. B

07 Radiator change

That is "a" problem, but not the problem everyone is addressing here. - I had the trouble I described with the OEM transmission line connectors on the OEM radiator. They are not all the same from 2006-2010. - I bought a Spectra Premium and the threads were too small for the OEM connectors...
  6. B

OEM Trans cooler blocked by bumper cover?

Thanks for sharing your setup. There's just so little room up there, but it looks like you figured out something that works.
  7. B

Right -- I'm not sure where there would be room to move it anyway. The lower half, even though it extends into the lower opening, is behind a part of the bumper cover that curves out from the opening to seemingly deflect air away from the trans cooler. The curved part set back in and seems...
  8. B

07 Radiator change

Updating this thread since I think I found a possible solution for this common issue. Yes, the connector was updated and the video doesn't apply to the newer connectors. I posted a comment on the video and will repeat it here in case anyone is looking for help: Mine was stuck (definitely the...
  9. B

I have a 2007 Mountaineer Premium V8 with the tow package. While replacing the radiator, I noticed that the stock trans cooler that comes with the tow package is almost completely behind the bumper cover. Only about 2.5 inches sticks up in the opening of the upper grille. It WOULD be exposed...
  10. B

Trailer Brake Controller

I use a Tekonsha P3 (came with Explorer/Mountaineer harness). It works great. With my 07 Mountaineer with tow package, it was just plug and play.
  11. B

2007 Mountaineer towing travel trailer

Update: we picked up our 264BHW on May 14 and I had no problems hauling it home. We took it out for the first time this past weekend and it towed very well. - Going was a little slow going up a very steep hill (average grade of 5.2% over 4.25 miles, but it varies and is sometimes steeper)...
  12. B

Just replaced the Blend Door Actuator on my Gen IV

Yes, getting the shaft lined up was difficult. So did that fix your problem? For others who are interested, the video is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IjMiHRzpDY. I guess the door was above the plastic duct -- I remembered having to remove it for the work anyway. What did you use to...
  13. B

Just replaced the Blend Door Actuator on my Gen IV

The diagram below shows where the blend doors (circled) are in your vehicle. They are behind the plastic ducts (lines pointing), which you'll have to remove to see the blend door (even then it takes some looking). Without the diagram, I'm not sure I would have found them either. My...
  14. B

Thanks. The 1000 was my estimate for an Equalizer. Quoted was 500 for the Reese pro.
  15. B

Interesting: It seems that rvlifestyles.com is a generic store site that is branded with a dealer's information if you go through the dealer site. If you go to rvlifestyles.com directly in a browser that you've never used to access it through the dealer website, it shows up unbranded and...
Back