Recent content by Bigred89 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Bigred89

1. B

whats all needed to run the 4.0?

Well I did some research and there's a place in Florida called autocomputerperformance.com and they can pretty much delete anything you want on your ECU/PCM including the PATS system! They can also delete emissions stuff and also do some performance tuning and a lot of other stuff so I sent them...
  2. B

Haha dang Ford and always changing everything after a few years! I ordered a Haynes manual for the 98 and it said it has electrical stuff in there so we'll see if that's in the book plus it'll just be nice too have a book like that anyhow for when you need to know little stuff like this
  3. B

Do you have the pin connector diagram for the 98 explorer 4.0 ohv with a manual transmission...

Do you have the pin connector diagram for the 98 explorer 4.0 ohv with a manual transmission? And if so, which wires are the only ones you need to run the motor? Thanks
  4. B

No o haven't done anything to the expedition, bone stock but that's good to know. Thanks
  5. B

Does anyone have the diagram of the pin connector for a 98 4.0 ohv explorer with a manual transmission?
  6. B

Yea you do make a good point about leafs being lighter and more simple, I need to think about it. It is a rock crawler mainly and the rear mono leafs flex pretty dang good. My expedition is a 5.4 yes with 155000 on it so that's not bad since most of them are around 200-250k miles. It pulls my...
  7. B

I also like when guys back half a ranger and four link the rear. My thought was buying a chassis from fabn801.com, it's a bare bones chassis but it's a solid starting point but the more I think about the more work it really starts to seem so I was also thinking of doing some sort of back half on...
  8. B

Well I have my 98 two door that's in my avatar picture so I have everything available, basically I'm throwing the idea around of having a lighter buggy and using my 98 as a donor since I have solid 44/8.8 axles and a doubler, basically everything I need to switch it all over to a tube chassis...
  9. B

So if for example if I wanted to go the 93 ecm route what would I all need? The ecm and wiring harness from a 93 4.0? And when you say the OBD-1 isn't as good performance wise what do you mean? Electrical and computers is a weak spot for me so if you don't mind explaining that a little that...
  10. B

Ok awesome, I appreciate the response!
  11. B

hey guys so im throwing the idea around to build a smaller tube chassis rock crawler, the idea is to use a stock 4.0 ohv from my 98 sport which has the manual 5 speed. my question is what must i all need to make the 4.0 run properly, i.e. needing the pcm? would i need any of the fuse boxes? must...
  12. B

Hardcore explorers?

Yea it's funny because I bought this thing completely stock for 500$ just to have as a backup beater and never once thought it would have came to this haha
  13. B

Hardcore explorers?

Thanks, and yea they are very capable as long as you're willing to stick some time into it and think outside the box
  14. B

Hardcore explorers?

Front axle is a d44 from a 79 f250, fully rebuilt converted to five lug using 78/79 bronco/f150 knuckles, spindles, brakes, rotors, etc. 4.88 gears, Spartan locker, stock shafts, psc full hyrdro steering, 1.5 1/4 wall dom steering link with 7/8 heims. Rear axle is a 8.8 f150 axle, 4.88, welded...
  15. B

Hardcore explorers?

So I've been on here for a few years now and have gotten lots of great advice on here and built my two door sport into something I thought would never have gotten to this so I was wondering if any of you guys have built your explorers into something crazy, I'll share a few pix of mine from our...
Back