Recent content by bigtigexplorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by bigtigexplorer

1. B

IPOD connect to 6 disk in dash stereo with AUX button

The Blitzsafe device provides a way to connect your IPOD to any RCA style line input . It also charges your IPOD while connected and for twenty minuets after you turn off the vehicle. It does not however provide for controling your IPOD using the factory stereo and/or steering wheel controls.
  2. B

IPOD connect to 6 disk in dash stereo with AUX button

I just purchased a new 2006 F-250, the stereo has an AUX button. I would like to connect my IPOD and be able to use the factory stereo and steering wheel buttons to control the IPOD. I've already done some digging and found the Precision interface Electronics (P.I.E.) FRD04-AUX which...
  3. B

Talk about IFS!!!

Apparently this guy measures wheel travel in FEET.
  4. B

Talk about IFS!!!

Let me start off by saying, I know absolutely nothing about this vehicle. I happened to come across it and figured it was wild enough to share. Enjoy
  5. B

In-dash video question...

Check this out, should answer your question: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=36365&PN=1
  6. B

2005 Explorer subwoofer question

Thanks, I was looking online and found this shot of the back. The back is what I really wanted to see.
  7. B

2005 Explorer subwoofer question

Fmares, I looking at buying a VRX755VD and was wondering if you could post some pictures of the deck and brain? How do you like it so far? Thanks
  8. B

Spare Tire Carrier Hinge

That would work, but what do you do when you want to tow something with your hitch?
  9. B

Spare Tire Carrier Hinge

Your right, I just thought it was a good drawing to show the internals of the hinge and where the weak spots are for those that aren't familiar with the design and its problems.
  10. B

Spare Tire Carrier Hinge

Here is a pretty good drawing I found of the internals of a spindle based hinge
  11. B

Spare Tire Carrier Hinge

Here is a tire carrier writeup for a Toyota 4Runner where a RockStomper hinge was used and failed. http://www.fastq.com/~sschaefer/rearbumper.html Some pictures from the writeup: Snapped spindle Cracked bearing races Close up of broken spindle
  12. B

Spare Tire Carrier Hinge

Click on the picture in my previous post, its a link to the Grainger site. www.destaco.com also has some of these clamp with more sizes and options like this one for example: Use the link above and click "Pull Action Clamps" underneath "Industrial Products" heading. The latch above...
  13. B

Spare Tire Carrier Hinge

If your wanting to be able to lock the carrier into a closed position. I've seen people use the latch I posted earlier and weld a small tab to the carrier's frame close to the handle in its closed position. Then drill a hole through the tab and the handle. From there you could use a pad lock...
  14. B

Spare Tire Carrier Hinge

This is a common latch used for tire carriers: They have three holding sizes: 360lbs - $11.49 700lbs - $14.54 2000lbs - $20.16
  15. B

Question to anyone who has installed something in the "pocket" of the hatch

I used conduit clips (used for mounting pipe or conduit to a wall, loops around the pipe and has a single tab to put a bolt or screw through) to go around the seats frame at the front and back and put a piece of .25 inch aluminum bar stock between the clips. I made two of these and spaced them...
Back