Recent content by bigtriplec | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by bigtriplec

1. B

2017 Explorer Sport picked up!

Looks to be the same as mine. I wish there was some crystal clear indicator in the vehicle that says 500Watt Clearphase. With Region 1 Electronic Equipment With Satellite Radio Reception Group 1 Radio Frequency Less Rear Seat Entertainment Audio Option Pack 3 HD Radio Broadcast Fixed...
  2. B

2017 Explorer Sport picked up!

Looking for some info. the whole 500watt sony system thing has bothered me since I brought my Sport home. My build date was 28/06/16 which appears to be almost 2 months before Ford apparently switched to the 500w system in the 2017 sports. However when I punch my VIN into Ford Etis is shows...
  3. B

What are the biggest problems with the 2016/2017 Explorers?

500km on my 2017 Sport and the passenger door handle pulled right out of the door. The dealer kindly ordered a new assembly and replaced. Now at 800km the Driver side keyless entry button on the handle has stopped working. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow for another warranty job. Hopefully...
  4. B

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

Any luck on that video?
  5. B

Thanks Peter. That clears that up.
  6. B

I won't be removing the protective cover. I'm thinking the livernois CAI would achieve the sound I'm looking for. Does a Tune void the Ford factory and extended warranty? I would think it would. Also, what does changing the thermostat achieve? Livernois, Do you have some sound clips or...
  7. B

I recently picked up my 2017 Explorer Sport and am on the search for a new intake kit. I really love everything about the Ecoboost except for the fact that I can't hear it. Any suggestions?
Back