Recent content by Biohazrus | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Biohazrus

1. Biohazrus

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Did new rear Ac line, flexible one, while doing it, I removed the motor cover... Luckily it was isolation wool they used, but had a nasty nest under there! Photo 1 Photo 2 I'd suggest looking once a year if any critters want to share a ride under there, so they don't!
  2. Biohazrus

A/C Rear Line Leak

JBweld was not able to block it. Gas always managed to find a way thru. Tried pushing it back every 1/2 hours, as it became thicker. No luck. So ordered the rubber line. Was a little challenging to reach the connector behind the motor. Jacked the car to give me little more room under. Used all...
  3. Biohazrus

A/C Rear Line Leak

Well, was not the oring... Still leaking, sucks bu only cost 30$. I think it was worth to try. I JBweld it, just applied a second time as I saw it was trying to leak again. Not sure if it is a good option but there is nothing like trying! Not an easy spot to get clean and have to be careful to...
  4. Biohazrus

A/C Rear Line Leak

Mine is leaking, again.... This guy just changed the seals part: yf3534 & yf 37294 10.52 can$ with shipping from rockauto. Dounds like a no brainer against the 3500 pipe replacement! Any thoughts? Sorry if mentioned earlier, too many post... Btw, I sent a comment to Ford Canada stating this...
  5. Biohazrus

31.5" tire on Explorer Sport?

This guy installed 31.5 Also added a leveling kit, not sure if really required, never really saw my nose lower. At the end he seems to mention some rubbing, some trimming needed.
  6. Biohazrus

JackStand Points

If you only want few inches, 1 or 2 2x6 under the wheel could be great. That would not collapse. Make sure you are align. May want to invest in ramps, or rent?
  7. Biohazrus

31.5" tire on Explorer Sport?

Was about to ask same question. Instead of the 255/50 r20 Got a deal on 255/70 r18 Diameter 30" 32.1" +8.4% Width 10"" 10" +0% Sidewall 5" 7" +40% Revs/Mile 672 629 -43 Need to see if a 32" would have good clearance when turning and would it affect driving conditions to...
  8. Biohazrus

Rear bushing... 4 days too late

They found a rear bushing had to be changed. (Was the title) Sorry, was clear in my head... They did not really refuse warranty service. It is a few days past it, ended September 29th and they are not willing to flex the rules for me.
  9. Biohazrus

Rear bushing... 4 days too late

Hi all, sorry if this ain't the place or the way, but I need to vent a little... My 2016 sport doesn't seem to be the best of its class... Thank god I took the extended warranty! Been a week or so, got a tiny little humming that started. First I thought it was the brakes or tires, but then I...
  10. Biohazrus

Wheel bearings - very short lifespan.

Reviving this old thread, since this is about my bearing... I had 2 bearings changed, one RR in 2019 and the other last year. Don't recall if they were the same wheel. Thankfully, they were covered, don't recall if it was the 5year powertrain or the ESP... Now I think the noise is back, another...
  11. Biohazrus

Complete Trunk dimensions, 2016

46 is the door, but it is 40" between wheel well. Was trying to build some kind of angular rack to put the sheet at angle as it could fit. But anyway, it would not be long enough. Gratefully, there is the roof.
  12. Biohazrus

Felt bad for our metric fellow. Hatch door opening: 101.6cm at the 'top', 66cm from bottom 116.8cm where it starts to get narrow, 38.1cm from bottom 118.1cm at the widest, 50cm from the bottom Little space behind raised 3rd row: 22.8cm deep by 35.5cm by 101.6cm wide 50.8cm seat width...
  13. Biohazrus

Yours to translate, did my mechanical degree using Imperial.
  14. Biohazrus

Hi all, been a while I passed by! Been a while I wanted to do this and today's the day! Pulled out my measuring tape and mapped my trunk. Hatch door opening: 40" at the 'top', 26" from bottom 46" where it starts to get narrow, 15" from bottom 46-1/2" at the widest, 2" from the bottom Little...
  15. Biohazrus

A/C Rear Line Leak

WOW, so they FINALLY got all the parts to fix mine, just took 3 months with all those BO. Anyway, dropped my car yesterday morning at the dealer, they called for a 1-day fix... At the end of the day, they gave an update: Your model is special/different than anticipated, it is a 3-day fix, need...
Back