Recent content by Birdy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Birdy

1. B

1350 tcase Ujoint

I have a 1350 manual transfer case from an 88 bronco2 in my 2002 Explorer Sport and currently going through the case. It has a Ujoint inside the case for the front output and I’m needing to replace it. Now where in the heck do I find one of these ujoints??? Having zero luck so far! Any help...
  2. B

Colorado Color Run 09/2018

Thanks all, maybe a reason I could never get around to selling our red Explorer!
  3. B

No go for us. Just found out the wife is pregnant and will be due September 4th I think. I guess a meet is just not in the cards for us this year.
  4. B

Looking for Explorer...but which one? New to Explorer-ville...

5.0 started in 96 and would probably give you the least drivetrain problems, (probably none). They also don’t have transponder keys till 98, so no issues to worry about there either. Second gens have a very reliable chassis also, just expect worn out ball joints which is no big deal. I...
  5. B

Moab 2018 Dates June 1 - 3

Going to be a no go for sure. Graduation is on the 3rd. Hope to see lots of pics of all the fun I miss out on!
  6. B

Just thought of something, daughters graduating this year (I hope) gotta check the date on that. Lot of family coming, not sure when they are coming or for how long. Could be a problem.
  7. B

Going to do my best to get there, won’t know for sure for a couple months anyway. I believe the black one can finally make a trip without breaking down. It’s first time in Moab breaking the steering, then it’s next trip in Black Mountain with the drivetrain getting pushed into the radiator, all...
  8. B

We were going to do the train once, can’t remember why we didn’t, but would still like to.
  9. B

Wedding anniversary is August 30th, we spent our honeymoon in Ouray. If there’s a chance we can get in an anniversary trip, I’ll be voting for the 1st.
  10. B

2017 Black Mountain EF trip May 19-21

I thought the terrain was great! I love the mud and rock gardens! Definitely want to go back, just not next year, want to go back to Moab. So... maybe in two years, or just take a week sometime and go. I think my wife has some more pics I can post.
  11. B

We made it to my folks in Wisconsin yesterday without issue, another week before we start thinking about heading home.
  12. B

We've decided to drive through, so we will be at the Harlan County campground around 1:30 or 2 AM. We called them first and they said come on in nobody's in your spot.
Back