Recent content by blacklake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by blacklake

1. B

Anime

Purchased an intermediate exhaust pipe from Anime. Fast shippment and good communication. Good seller!!
  2. B

Rusted Rockers on 93 EX Sport

Years ago I used a sheet metal break and bent myself a new rocker section similar to the tabco piece on the bottom most location. Obviously my section did not contain the fancy blends on the front and back of the stamping. I ground out the rust back to clean steel, then primed and painted...
  3. B

91 radio diagram

Did you check the fuse under the hood, there should be a 20 amp fuse that powers both the trailer towing lights and the radio. I don't remember what number it is at the moment.
  4. B

Rear Main Crankshaft Seal.

I have never tried the PTFE seals, but I have some thoughts on the issue. the manufactures claim about installing the seal without lubricant maybe valid. Firstly PTFE has an extremely low coefficient of friction (for a polymer), having the seal run dry initially may not be a huge factor...
  5. B

Why all the smoke?!?

I am sceptical about spending money on both tools, and the local autoparts store doesn't loan these tools. If I use a leak down tester and I see some leaking. How will I know if it is a crack or just a leak from 20 year old piston rings and valves? I am sceptical about the hydrocarbon...
  6. B

Why all the smoke?!?

Anime, Thanks for the tip on Zerex coolant, I did not know about the gasket eating thing. Also I can confirm that the exhaust no longer smells like raw fuel. I also have done a fuel pressure holding test. The pressure remains at 40 psi after the engine is shut off. So I too beleive the...
  7. B

Why all the smoke?!?

1993 Explorer Eddie Bauer K&N air filter A/C delete 230,000 mi. Automatic Transmission Stock I will try not to make this too long/wordy, but I am really stumped her folks, need a little help. I wanted to get my explorer ready for a long hard winter here in NY, so I figured a few...
  8. B

retiring the navajo

Roadrunner Here is a quick explanation of torque to yeild. You start with brand new bolts torque them first to a low value. This is to start evenly seating the head. Next to torque to a mid-high torque value. At this point no yielding has happened. For sake of argument lets say that from...
  9. B

1st Gen Fuel Injectors

I messed up a few of my fuel injectors by "cleaning" them. I am hurting for some working used ones. PM me with you unwanted parts!!! Thanks
  10. B

For Sale Parting out 91 4x4 Four door Red Ex in SW MO

I am looking for: Both brake drums (no cracks or missing chips) Used shoes from drivers side drum brake passenger side taillight Thanks Blacklake
  11. B

Cash for Clunkers Aerostar catches fire

So in the spirit of this thread I wanted to post a picture of my explorer. I have everyone likes it. ;) ;) Keep your cash I love my clunker
  12. B

Cash for Clunkers Aerostar catches fire

+1 on what was said above. It breaks my heart to see Explorers die because of the cash for clunkers program!!:( If I had an 01 Sport, it would be the love of my life PERIOD...
  13. B

Tank Heater Vs Block Heater

My experience is this. I installed one of these over 2 years ago in my 1993 EX. It was an easy job I did it in under an hour. They are are good things to install and if you even have to junk your vehicle you can pull it off in a few minutes and install it on your next vehicle. As far as mine...
  14. B

Not idleing correctly - update:fixed

sorry for the late reply. you guys were right :thumbsup: I remember testing the wires for the remote starter, and when I gave the engine a quick crank it backfired. This must have been why I found two hoses that had been blown off of the little fittings that sit on the intake manifold...
  15. B

Not idleing correctly - update:fixed

Not idleing correctly Started an earlier post about how I installed a remote starter on my X. I though that the remote starter was causing the problems I'm having, but I unplugged the starter and it still happens so I think it is something else. I start the X and it immediatly revs to...
Back