Recent content by Blue Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Blue Sport

1. B

roof mount antenna

So just to be sure, can I assume that the mast can be unscrewed and removed to protect it from breakage when carrying roof related objects?
  2. B

roof mount antenna

Curious what the engineers were thinking if you are loading the roof rack with a mattress or something large that would break the antennae. Seems like unscrewing the antennae post would be a nice feature. I couldn't find any information on removing the roof antennae for the 2016 to 2018...
  3. B

2018 Ford Explorer Roof Rack Removal

Thanks, did as you suggested, eBay purchase now awaiting delivery and will install next week. The concept of removing the roof rack is a definite don't get involved with that issue unless you want some big challenges
  4. B

Really appreciate your note. Actually we are on day two with the vehicle and although I saw the bolts in the glove box, I had no clue what they were for. Now nearly finished with the owner's manual and with motivation from your note I have figured out how they are installed. That actually...
  5. B

I have a 2018 Explorer and so far on the roof rack is a cheap plastic insert into an 8 mm hex bolt. The hex bolt doesn't seem to unscrew or do anything when I try to turn it. My issue is that Ford put on a roof rack that is solid on the sides so that I can't tie anything to it. I put kayaks...
Back