Recent content by bradh8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by bradh8

1. B

Body vs suspension lift?

Cool .. thanks! A buddy of mine told me I probably just need to replace/beef up the leaf springs .. she's riding a little low in the back ... appreciate the advice! I think a 2" suspension and accompanying/appropriate leaf spring and I'm rolling 31s all day
  2. B

Body vs suspension lift?

She's a '94 Explorer XLT ...
  3. B

Body vs suspension lift?

Hi everybody, I'm sure this will sound like a dumb question ... but im no mechanic .. just love my truck! Haha ... anyway, I am a little confused about suspension vs body lift? Which one should I do first? I only want to raise my rig a little bit, both for cosmetic, tires and off-road capability...
  4. B

How Many Miles are on Your Explorer?

Nice! Goooo 300!
  5. B

Keep on truckin' ...right? I just got mine a couple months ago and of course am so stoked on such a low-milage machine ... but equally stoked to hear about the rigs still running at 200, 300 .... dare we say 500,000 miles? Long live the 1st Gens and the legendary Cologne engine!!!
  6. B

Gotta feel that Explorer love! Built Ford tough!!! Natch! 'Nuff said!!
  7. B

Premium Gas, or Standard?

I'm no expert for surent, but for what it worth .... I got a 94 XLT (approx 48,000 miles on her) and live/work/drive at 9,000 to 10,000 feet altitude I'm no expert buy for what its worth, 94 XLT (4.0 V6 Cologne) daily driver at around 9000 to 10000 feet altitude .... I have put premium (91) in...
  8. B

Still, pretty damn good!
  9. B

Camper conversion on 94 XLT

Awesome ... this is pretty much my thoughts ... good job, mate
  10. B

Nice...please post pics, yeah! Would love to see
  11. B

Hey everybody, I'm obsessed with the idea of building a camper inside the back end of my XLT ... I have plans and ideas aplenty, but was curious if anyone had done something similar on their own rig? Thoughts/opinions/tips? Photos? Thanks, all!!
  12. B

Wrecked!

Oh man! Just wanted to say that's a sad story .... I had an awesome D*dge Caravan with some camper conversion that was a pretty awesome rig, but some jerk rear-ended me at a red light and totaled her.... so sad.... but that was just a D*dge... I'm sure all our hearts go out to you and your Ford, bro
  13. B

Tips on polishing stock rims?

But spring snow has halted my detailing activities
  14. B

I'm currently still wondering the same thing...lol
  15. B

Ah-ha, cool ...cool .... I wonder if a simple rattle-can acrylic clear coat deal afterwards would help with longevity?
Back