Recent content by Briggslite | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Briggslite

1. B

Anyone done a 4.6L head gasket?

I know this is an old thread but... Did you change your head gaskets? If so, did you remove the engine or were you able to do it in the truck?
  2. B

AWD Lock Mountaineer

I have a 2008 mountaineer V8 and the AWD lock is in the setup menu. Keep trying.
  3. B

Adding power adjustable pedals to my '08 Ironman

I'd be curious about this too.
  4. B

WINDOW STICKER Get your vehs. orig. window stkr.

Its not the full sticker but its something... Ford, Lincoln & Mercury Window Stickers & VIN Lookup Pulled up my 2008 Mountaineer Options under the "Quic Sticker"
  5. B

Power running board motor

Is there a place to get just the motor? Mine are slowing down, especially on the drivers side.
  6. B

2007 XLT Custom Audio

Your DDX is in the same Kenwood family, the DNX is just with built in nav. Looks pretty much identical from the outside, I'm sure the inside is different
  7. B

2007 XLT Custom Audio

Looks sweet! I did a DNX573 a few months back. Love it, only thing that has been tricky is tuning the X'over settings to work well with the stock speakers. With your new speakers you'll have some tuning to do too I'm sure.
  8. B

2010 EB strut replacement

Those of you who have replaced your struts with quick-struts, did you notice the rear ride height went up? I did mine last fall (haven't even put 5000 miles on since then though) and the rear is higher than I remember. I had started another thread earlier in the week coincidentally asking what...
  9. B

Rear Curb Height?

It appears that either I need to make an adjustment or the Quick Struts from Monroe are taller. Mine measures 21 inches in the rear from the center of the center cap to the fender lip. Thanks for all the replies guys, next will be seeing if I can adjust it lower slightly
  10. B

Rear Curb Height?

Hi all, A few months ago I replaced the suspension on my 2008 Mountaineer with Monroe Quick-Struts and ever since I swear that the rear ride height is significantly higher. It's been bothering me so I went to see what the factory service manual says and it says to take a measurement before...
  11. B

Overheating thread again

Well, I learned my lesson. Never again will I try to reuse factory hose clamps. The hose clamp on the lower radiator hose broke and the hose came off. No coolant so overheating made sense! Replaced the clamps and refilled the system and just like magic it was fine. Thank you all for the...
  12. B

One Touch Up/down switch

I was driving my brother in laws 2010 Explorer and his had one-touch up and one-touch down power window switches on the drivers door. My 2008 only has one touch down for the drivers window, has anyone converted to the up/down from an older model to the newest? I imagine a module is needed but...
  13. B

Overheating thread again

It is a motorcraft tstat, I also replaced the radiator cap just because I was doing as much as I was. I like the idea of just siphoning off some of the coolant for t stat changes, that would be cleaner than draining it how I had gone about it. The drain on the radiator was plugged so I just...
  14. B

Overheating thread again

The radiator was full, I am going to check it this morning again. I have V8 mountaineer, but the truck I'm working on is a V6 Explorer. The fan did come on just before it started over heating again. I was thinking the same thoughts, I didn't mention it but I did replace the T-stat when I...
  15. B

Overheating thread again

I offered to assist my brother in law in fixing his 2010 Explorer 4.0 V6 several weeks ago. Originally he told me he had no heat, I used my OBD 2 cable and Forscan and saw a blend door actuator was bad. I replaced that and when I was warming up the engine that day it overheated in the driveway...
Back