Recent content by buschman | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by buschman

1. B

2013 key fob problem

The grease will not impact sensitivity of button presses, the switches behind the button pad will naturally become more easy to activate as they are cycled (many cycles) and will seem to become more "sensitive" over time. Even to the point of locking or unlocking your car just rattling around in...
  2. B

2014 3.5L Base Engine Oil Leak - rear of engine on passenger side

I'll doublecheck the torque on those cover bolts to see if it helps. It's not dripping yet and hasn't required addition of any engine oil to maintain proper level. I am assuming this requires removal of the front engine cover and reseal it, which most likely involves engine removal. And while...
  3. B

2014 3.5L Base Engine Oil Leak - rear of engine on passenger side

135k miles, this has been weeping for awhile and is starting to get worse. The leak is on the passenger side at the rear of the engine. How involved is the repair for this? Thanks.
  4. B

2014 Limited Driver Side Front Window Inoperative

My driver side front window stopped working. I can hear a click inside the driver door whenever I press the window up, down, auto up, or auto down switch but the window doesn't even attempt to move. I removed the door panel and checked that there is voltage at the motor. Has anybody replaced...
  5. B

A/C Rear Line Leak

Ok so here's a solution that worked (so far) for me. Mine also had a pinhole leak at the apex of the low pressure line bend at the rear of the vehicle. I could see fixture marks on the line, it looks to have been poorly bent by the supplier resulting in a thinned flat spot on the 90-degree bend...
  6. B

2014 Explorer - EATC Module location & part number?

My 2014 Limited suddenly has a hissing noise in the dash and blows warm air, no cold air. If I turn off the A/C the hissing goes away. I suspect the Electronic Auto Temp Control module is bad, does anybody have diagnostic information for testing this system, where the control module is located...
  7. B

2008 V8 Explorer -- Battery Light stays on for the first mile of driving

Check your battery voltage with the vehicle off, then check it again once the vehicle has started. You should see the voltage increase when the engine is running - that will tell you if the alternator is charging. If your engine is running that rough then your check engine light should be on...
  8. B

Another Theft thread

If you know the troublecode that the locksmith got from the car that would be really helpful. In the meantime: Turn the key to Run (not Start). If the system can't enable the system the THEFT light will blink rapidly for a short time period then it will stop momentarily. It will then...
  9. B

TPMS & RKE not working properly --- bad SJB?

2008 Explorer -- V8 engine, 4WD Out of the blue I got a TPMS warning yesterday with a B2872 in the SJB. I looked at all the tire pressures with a manual gauge and with the code scanner and they're fine. The tool shows that a discrepancy between the SJB and two of the tire pressure sensors...
  10. B

2008 Explorer with HVAC water leak

Thanks for the feedback, can you provide some additional detail --- especially on the comment about the windshield wiper cowl. The square front A/C drain near the transmission electrical connector does drip when parked and I have inserted a flexible hose into it to ensure no gross blockage...
  11. B

Another photo
  12. B

This is a 2008 EB with EATC. Recently we started noticing wet carpet in the front passenger location after long trips with the A/C on. I doublechecked that the front and rear A/C units were draining onto the ground and even checked the front A/C drain and couldn't find any blockage...
  13. B

Updated: 2008 V8 Explorer -- Battery Light stays on for the first mile of driving This problem has continued to be intermittent, the charge light continues to come on once a day or so and quickly goes back off. I removed the alternator, had it tested (it passed), and cleaned all the...
  14. B

I did a search but didn't find anything quite like what I'm seeing. The battery/voltage light comes on when the vehicle is started and stays on for a mile or so, then it goes off. This is an '08 V8. I've checked the battery voltage, it's ~12.7V with the engine not running. When the engine is...
Back