Recent content by Cadiburns | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Cadiburns

1. C

2020 Explorer

I’m seeing so many different numbers. I don’t know what to believe. On the actual Ford site under the specs of the 2020 explorer, it shows capacity 17.9 us gallons/ 20.2 us gallons. Maybe that’s actual plus reserve? I don’t know. The fuel tank, and subsequent range because of it, is pathetic on...
  2. C

2020 Explorer

Really want to replace my ‘17 Sport with the new one. Second row buckets is a must for us with 2 little kids. Pretty excited about some of the improvements. Mainly the rwd bias awd system. Can’t stand the torque steer of the current gen. And the 22 gallon gas tank is a huge plus too. Can’t stand...
  3. C

Front camera button stops working temporarily

This has happened to me once or twice in the last couple months. And also, turning the car off and on again fixed it. Unacceptable.
  4. C

SYNC 3 latest version

Did mine with usb last night. Took a few minutes before the update started. Then about 15-20 minutes of driving around. Then it took a few hours of being off to finally update the system. There were even menus that showed electric car charging scenarios. Needless to say, the car needs some time...
  5. C

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Quick snaps. Put the wheels on. Can get better pics later.
  6. C

Now with expedition blue center caps.
  7. C

Just picked up my stock wheels from powdercoat. Satin black. I also have a set of dark blue expedition center caps ready to go on. Will snap some pics once I put them on.
  8. C

Top 5 Mods for a Sport

To each their own on caliper covers. No one will ever convince me that caliper covers look good. Just a fake fixed caliper look.
  9. C

Top 5 Mods for a Sport

I would paint the calipers instead of covers. Leave that kind of stuff to the Honda boyz. Covers just look soooooo lame. Intake, tune, exhaust, lowering springs, interior/exterior leds. Any performance mods have the chance to void warranty obviously. That’s the chance anyone takes when they mod.
  10. C

Solved Swap in platinum speedo / cluster??

Yeah. Really annoyed actually that the sport doesn’t have the platinum cluster with the dedicated tach. Just seems kind of....off. You could probably reset the odometer with some programming to reflect actual mileage but could be a pain in the butt.
  11. C

I was originally going to go 18s as I do like a larger sidewalk on my winter tires. And it usually comes with some savings too. But when I priced out 18s and oem sized 20s, the cost wasn’t far off. Happy I went with the 20s. They look better in person. Now time to take the oem sport wheels down...
  12. C

Rear bumper reflectors removal

Calm down, Francis. Bet you’re a blast at parties.
  13. C

Black with white lettering would looks so much better. Even the ones with colored lettering look awful.
  14. C

I don’t know why people do the completely blacked out Ford ovals. Looks really tacky and cheap. To each his own, I guess.
Back