Recent content by carboncanyon | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by carboncanyon

1. C

Another F100 body swap

Having thought long and hard about how I did mine, I dont recommend saving the explorer dash like I did. If I were to do it again, I would keep my stock 53 dash and firewall. That said, I do enjoy the updated dash and all the modern electronics in the passenger area, but it comes with the...
  2. C

Another F100 body swap

I guess I kinda left you guys hanging. Going thru the thread, Ive made slightly more progress than the pics show. Here are some more... Raised the floor of the bed about 6" to clear the higher frame rails of the explorer chassis. Also aligns the bed rails with the height of the cab and gets...
  3. C

Another F100 body swap

Not much. I drove the truck to a cruise on New Years Day, and its been in the garage ever since. I tinker with it now and then, but dealing with various land and house maintenance issues and job and life. Havnt had much time out in the garage. Really fighting the hood alignment and I think Im...
  4. C

98 5.0 EGR bolt size?

for the record, I think I finally found the OEM part number for the EGR bolts. " N807843-S431 " . Screw and washer assembly. I did notice there was a rather thick spacer/washer under the head of the bolt. No time for turkey, I got things to do!
  5. C

98 5.0 EGR bolt size?

Nice catch. Thats exactly what I needed. Thanks. Every search I did for a ford egr came back with 6.0 powerstroke repairs and they were m6's. I have gotten lucky in the past drilling them almost to the threads and then getting them out, but its just not looking like its going to work this...
  6. C

98 5.0 EGR bolt size?

Did all those tricks already. even welded a nut onto the portion that was sticking out. Usually that amount of heat will free up anything, but its basically galvanically welded into the aluminum. Im looking at full drill out and thread inserts at this point, just want to get the right ones.
  7. C

98 5.0 EGR bolt size?

It was a 10mm socket I used, and that jives with an M6 bolt diameter. I dont have the hammer in style EZ out, and your correct, the fluted one did grab nice, but swells the threads Im trying to remove. I havnt damaged anything *yet*, but tomorrow is another day. Let me know what you come up...
  8. C

Another F100 body swap

Had to go back to an original bed for the time being. The 80s model bed I wanted to use was modified for the old frame too much to make work with the explorer frame for now. Will come back to it later. Put it all together for a couple pics, then tore it apart again to start yanking unneeded...
  9. C

98 5.0 EGR bolt size?

Broke both the bolts that hold the EGR to the aluminum elbow on my 98 v8. Im going to have to drill them out and heli-coil or time sert them, but not having much luck finding exactly what size bolts. Im led to believe they are an M6, 1.0 thread pitch, but what is the length? And for the record...
  10. C

Another F100 body swap

Plugging away at it still. Got the vertical clearances, now to work on the front to back issues. Part of my problem is I dont have the correct bed. I have a 1980s stepside bed that I narrowed, shortened, and flipped in order to utilize the factory tubs instead of making my own. Just shy of 10...
  11. C

Another F100 body swap

Got crazy with the sawzall tonight. open wide Is this your first time? Good start Like they were made for each other A-pillars gotta go. Obviously the dash has to go too, but Im hoping to save that for the final cut so Im not left having to weld in a bunch of filler pieces...
  12. C

Another F100 body swap

I had to reclaim my work area. Buddy of mine broke a spring on his 28 Daytona Eliminator trailer and it turned into a full rebuild. Bunks, Brakes, Bearings, etc. Its every bit of 30ft long. But now that I have my space back.... First Kiss Got some cutting to do It'll fit.
  13. C

Another F100 body swap

The pics are misleading. Its a solid rig, but not something worth cleaning up. Paint was less than stellar, and interior has seen better days. I thought about cleaning it up and making it a nice daily, but Ive got my 96 bronco for that. This was a perfect donor rig for the f100.
  14. C

PNW Parts For Sale Thread - Local Parts

Only have one key, and I need it to start and drive the rig. same with the steering wheel and controls.
  15. C

PNW Parts For Sale Thread - Local Parts

Looking to get rid of a bunch of the body parts off this 1998 Eddie Bauer. cheap! Doors, rear seats, rear hatch, rear window glass, running boards, front sheet metal and grille/lights, hood, front and rear bumpers, 2" receiver drop hitch (Curt brand), Complete sunroof. Not letting any of the...
Back