Recent content by Carpin | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Carpin

1. C

New a/c compressor replacement

Hi guys, The a/c compressor in my 2001 sport trac is done, I'm looking for a replacement but don't know which brand should I buy. I read mixed reviews on 4 seasons, Denso and UAC. Right now I'm lost and don't know which one gives me the best value. I'd appreciate any recommendation you might...
  2. C

2001 ST A/C compressor loose

Hi, Yesterday I was driving my ST with the A/C ON (max), suddenly I noticed the direction got hard, the battery light turned on and engine started to overheat. I stopped the car and I notice that the belt was loose, completely out of place. After some checking I noticed that the A/C...
  3. C

only getting 15 miles per gallon on 04 track

I want to buy the O2 sensor and fuel filter, do you know the part numbers? also if you recommend a specific brand for them My truck is a 2001 Sportrac 4X4 4.0 Manufacturing date 08/01
  4. C

New Plugs and wires, BIG CHANGE

I think I'll go with the SP500's, what about the cables? the motorcraft WR5944 are good enough for my ride? j
  5. C

New Plugs and wires, BIG CHANGE

My ST is about to reach 120K miles, I noticed my gas consumption is up, I'm planning to change the O2 sensors and the spark plugs (cables included). Do you have any recommendation on spark plugs and cables (besides the motorcraft SP500) somebody recommended the NGK iridium IX. what about the...
  6. C

only getting 15 miles per gallon on 04 track

I have a 2001 ST, I just hit 120K miles and I want to replace the O2 sensors two, do you know where I can get instructions to do it? Thanks
  7. C

Toyo vs Yoko vs BFG

Hi Guys, I just got the 265/75R16 BF Goodrich from Costco, it was a great deal O had the set for $670 installation included. I'll post some pictures Before and After. The ST looks GREAT
  8. C

Toyo vs Yoko vs BFG

Thanks for your input, I think I'll go for the 265/75R16, I will invest some time lifting it, but I think it will be worth it.
  9. C

Toyo vs Yoko vs BFG

I have those tires right now, I'm looking for some All Terrain
  10. C

Toyo vs Yoko vs BFG

I thought so, what about stability? any change on that? By the way, it's possible to install the 265/75R16 without lifting?
  11. C

Toyo vs Yoko vs BFG

I just found the 245/75r16 are about the same size but I can save about 40 dlls for each tire in the bfg ko2. What do you guys think about those?
  12. C

Toyo vs Yoko vs BFG

Little lift? What do you mean?
  13. C

Toyo vs Yoko vs BFG

Hi, I'm planning to get a new tires for my 2001 Spor Trac 4X4 (Premium Sport Package), I'm still running on the originals Michelin 255/70R16, but I want to try some new All Terrain, I'm torn between the following options: 1. BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2 (Pricey but nice) 2. Yokohama...
  14. C

Need a spare tire & Jack

Thanks for the help, but I'm still intrigued by the spare tire size, the service manual in the link mentions a tire rim 15, the original tires in the car are rim 16, my question is: does the 16 fits in the space for the spare?
  15. C

Need a spare tire & Jack

Hello, I'm a new member here in the forum, it's awesome. Need some help guys. I just bought a used 2001 Sport trac, it's great and really fun to drive, I'm ready to take it for a ride, but I don't have a spare tire and the original jack. I knew about the missing spare tire and wheel but...
Back