Recent content by Cartman | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Cartman

1. C

Need some help troubleshooting noise

I recently got an Ipod and am having some noise issues with it and the interior neons I have, need some help; The system is all aftermarket, Pioneer Premier 750mp HU, MTX amps – when playing CD or radio everything sound really good. The neon lights – there are 2 Streetglow...
  2. C

Bazooka Or Custom Box??

Kingfrog - Has anyone here ever talked about mixing in their truck - NO, I don't think so. You may probalby have spent more time reading about the physics side of stereo then I have but I know what sound good to me, I know that each time I removed a stock part of my stereo and replaced it...
  3. C

What I find funny about building your own box(AKA my worlog)

MDF is a great material to build boxes out of, it is cheap, easy to cut and is very strong and doesn't chip, sands well but it is not airtight - air will not come rushing thru it but it does leak, after you get all the wood cut and test fitted just spray it with paint and leave it for the night...
  4. C

ideas for selling old audio gear?

I'm in a similar state, have a MTX 4250D and 2 RF subs that are collecting dust, my best idea is to wait until next fall then list them in a college campus newpaper - hopefully there will be some students with money who will buy them. Other then that ebay will work but you wouldn't get much.
  5. C

Dual Voice Coil

No, there is no advantage to dual voice coil other then wiring options, A dual 4 ohm sub wired in parallel will handle exactly what a single 2 ohm sub does.
  6. C

Will this sub grille fit?

It should fit fine but I will laugh at it (and you) if I ever see it in person. The other thing is that if it is not well built it could rattle.
  7. C

how hard is it to put a amp in a box?

To understand the difference between ported and sealed go down to any stereo shop and try out the demo equipment with your music, listen to your music in a sealed and a ported box and determine it for yourself. Personally I like sealed but I have a high end sub (Love my MTX 9512 - thanks Expo)...
  8. C

If you go ported or sealed I would drill holes in the back of the box a bit (like 1/32") bigger then the wire then seal the holes w/ silicone. Running the wires thru the port will look like crap. Sealed vs ported is really a question that you have to answer yourself - how you're mounting the...
  9. C

Heat shouldn't be a problem. But if you need to adjust the amp (gain or boost) then you're going to have to remove the sub.
  10. C

why a circuit breaker?

The problem with a circuit breaker is that there is a chance (a small one) that it may fail in a closed state - That is what I just read from the Sept Issue of Performance Auto and Sound.
  11. C

what length rcas should I get?

I used stinger 17 foot RCA's and they were long enough.
  12. C

High tech gadget project Ive been thinking...PIMP MY RIDE

Yeah I pretty much agree with Expo - if you want to do this right maybe get a smaller monitor to mount in the headliner (or talk to Expo about the monitor housing he made for a member in the stock radio spot), new CD player with audio in jack and a computer mounted somewhere out of the way, you...
  13. C

Having 2 seperate systems in one truck - does this make sense

I've been looking to get something to replace the X and have been told that I can't remove the stock radio from most newer trucks because it controls other things like the security system, door locks and other stuff. Plus the new truck may have DVD naviagation so I don't want to mess with that...
  14. C

Lots of audio questions...

I will try to answer all of your questions; 1. if you use 1/2" MDF for the speaker adapter you should be fine, it's strong enough not to flex and will fit under the door skin, or you could order adapters and they would be predrilled and everything - about $10 for sounddomain.com 2. There...
  15. C

Rust stains under rear window hinges solved!!!!!!!

It has to be CLR - the description of the bottle matches.
Back