Recent content by Celeborn | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Celeborn

1. C

Number Twelve, Electronics Nerd

You've got that right about the hot in Florida part! I'm a large geek myself, I've had my entire interior stripped twice, rewired the entire dashboard ( not because I had to, but because I didn't like the way the wiring was done from the factory ), and done misc. little mods to my Mountaineer...
  2. C

Making fog light switch work even with headlights off?

Yes sir, I have done this on both of my 1997 Mercury Mountaineers. On my current one, I actually replaced the fog lights with two LED Light Bars, and they come on with the running lights, and will stay on even with the high beams on. And are still controllable via the factory fog light switch...
  3. C

Does USB Music stick cause power drain?

That's extremely weird. I know they're nothing alike, but I leave a dash cam plugged in and turned on 24/7/365 in my 1997 Mercury Mountaineer, and have never experienced a dead battery. The drain is so minimal, that it shouldn't have any effect on it.
  4. C

1996 Explorer XLT: Dawg chewed seatbelts. All of 'em.

I've got a full set of them in my parts explorer I'll sell ya real cheap. They're gray.
  5. C

1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC - Help with cracked head

Haha. I've decided to just swap the interior into my Mountaineer since it's in beautiful shape, you can see it in my signature thread. I'm parting out the rest.
  6. C

Drivers Door Headache (Resolved)

Could also be a dying door lock actuator.
  7. C

Montego the 1997 Mercury Mountaineer - Maintenance Log (Picture Happy)

Swapped Interior So, over the past few days I have gutted my Mountaineer, and the 1999 Ford Explorer that I purchased for $250.00, and transferred the entire interior over to the Mountaineer, since it is very clean, and the tan seems more luxurious to me. The gray interior I had was trashed...
  8. C

Help Please. Need a tutorial on removing dashboard

Could have used that before we started restoring our 1977 Trans Am. But it's nearly completed now haha. Thanks!
  9. C

I could hug you through this computer! Thank you so much!
  10. C

I've searched all over Google, and the only video I can find on removing the dashboard, doesn't completely cover the removal process, he only gets so far. I would even be happy with a written/picture tutorial. I'm swapping the full interior from a 1999 Explorer into my 1997 Mountaineer. I can...
  11. C

1999 Mountaineer interchangable with explorer?

The Mercury Mountaineer and Ford Explorer are pretty much exactly the same, it's just a re-badged Explorer. I have a 1997 Mountaineer 5.0, and a 1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC that I'm using as a parts car for the Mountaineer.
  12. C

1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC - Major Engine Problems

Yeah, I'm capable of doing it all myself. Would one of those just be drop in, or do I need to do anything special to it? Because I was reading yesterday, that I can only use the block itself, and would have to transfer everything else.
  13. C

1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC - Major Engine Problems

Hey all, I picked up a 1999 Ford Explorer XLS with the 4.0 SOHC, for $250.00 cash. The thing is mint inside, still has a new car smell, so I had to have it. I was also surprised to find that nothing has ever sat in the cargo area, and that under the cargo area mat, are the factory "Explorer"...
  14. C

1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC - Help with cracked head

Hey guys, I'm looking at purchasing a 1999 Ford Explorer with the 4.0 SOHC. This will be my first V6 Explorer, I've also got a 1997 Mountaineer. I'm getting it for $250.00, the thing is immaculate. The only problem is, it's got a cracked head. I know nothing about these 4.0's. What I was...
  15. C

Man Ejected From Rolled '03 Explorer Sport - Police Chase

I have a habit of coming across these news posts. For some reason, even though this happened in Grandview, MO, it was on the news here in Florida. Today on the news there was a roughly 2003 Ford Explorer Sport that was being subdued by the police, and at some point during the chase, the...
Back