Recent content by chazglenn3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by chazglenn3

1. C

First post - let's talk PTU

Speaking of PTU's...my wife's 2016 Platinum has 156K miles on it currently. Only fluids that have been changed are the engine oil and the coolant. Is it wise to change the PTU oil at this point or should I leave it alone?
  2. C

5th Gen Rear Wheel Alignment- Can it be adjusted?

Peter, does the toe link recall require the deal to do a full alignment also?
  3. C

2020 Platinum Headlights

No need to retrofit the housings. Everything fit just fine and the rubber boot went back on. The only issue was the plug has to be reversed.
  4. C

2020 Platinum Headlights

Our 2016 Platinum certainly came with halogen high beams that were promptly switched by me to LED.
  5. C

Hey guys!

From the website: The brand NEW Z-Flash OBD-II Flasher plugin is the easiest flasher to own! It's plugs directly into the OBD-II port of select vehicles and flashes the vehicles' headlights, taillights, fog lights, corner markers and reverse lights! No additional wiring or splicing! Seriously...
  6. C

What All Season Tires are you Using?

I bought Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires to replace the OEM Hankooks when they wore out. GREAT tires! Will probably buy again when the time comes.
  7. C

Does anyone actually love their 5th gen Explorer?

My wife absolutely LOVES her 2016 Platinum. I also LOVE the vehicle. The thing is faster than my Cadillac STS with the Northstar V8. She is at approx 81K miles and outside of people putting door dings in it, it has had zero issues. Didn't even do the exhaust recall.
  8. C

OEM Or Aftermarket Brakes? Recommendations.

So, I have new OEM front and rear pads for our 2016 Platinum that has 75,300 miles on it. Replaced the rear pads as they were just about done, but I was surprised to see that the front pads still have a long way to go. Amazing. New pad at the top and current pad below,
  9. C

Farewell to my Explorer

Sorry to hear that you two have had bad experiences with your 2017 Explorers. TeeDub, you should remember that of all of the Explorers sold last year, that those who have had no issues and are enjoying their cars don't visit these forums and sing the praises. You will usually hear only...
  10. C

OEM Or Aftermarket Brakes? Recommendations.

Same here. Our 2016 Platinum is over 75K miles and still on the original pads and rotors both front and back.
  11. C

A few questions on the new Sport I have

I think the main difference between the F-150 and Explorer 3.5L EcoBoost engines are that the truck motors are front to back and rear wheel drive oriented while the Explorer motors are sideways and front wheel drive oriented. The power output must be related to the design.
  12. C

2017 Platinum purchase ?

Sounds like a decent deal to me, especially if they are willing to go even lower. We have had zero issues with our 2016 Platinum and it is just over 70K miles.
  13. C

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

I have found that the best feed from SiriusXM is Watercolors smooth jazz on channel 66. Great streaming quality!
  14. C

Stiff-armed by the dealer on a warranty issue

Well, I bought my Explorer from Harris Ford because they were the only ones in the area with the Ebony interior at the time.
  15. C

Stiff-armed by the dealer on a warranty issue

Keith, which dealership did you deal with? I want to be sure to steer clear of them.
Back