Recent content by clackkent | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by clackkent

1. clackkent

1999 Exp Sport - end of life?

Oops sorry! I think it was a Lodge plug, but I don't know the part no.
  2. clackkent

Number 6
  3. clackkent

Well my mechanic fixed it up by using block sealant again and also using a different kind of spark plug more tolerant of coolant in the cylinder! He also changed the O2 sensors and its now running a lot better. I only need it to last another 6-9 months! Glad its running sweet again.
  4. clackkent

Over the last year we've kept the girl running but at 394,000 miles and a few CELs it might be time to say goodbye. I'd appreciate thoughts on this. Last night i checked with the scanner code and came up with these; PO306 Cyl 6 misfire detected PO136 O2 circuit bank 1 sensor 2 PO153 O2...
  5. clackkent

Just acquired from a relative a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport, auto, mileage 388,300, orange...

Just acquired from a relative a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport, auto, mileage 388,300, orange metallic. Gradually fixing things.
  6. clackkent

Oil Pressure Gauge problem

I have the same issue on a 1999 Sport which i just acquired. It looks really odd to see the oil pressure needle the wrong side of the pin or stop. I guess the only way to fix it is to take the gauge cluster apart. Goodness knows how it got to the other side of the pin in the first place.
  7. clackkent

Radiator - manual transmission

OK great thanks for the replies guys. I looked at the RockAuto part and it seems the manual version has one row, but the auto trans version has two. So i'll just buy the one row version specific to the manual transmission car.
  8. clackkent

Radiator - manual transmission

Does anyone know if the radiator part number for a 5 speed is different from the one used for an auto trans truck? Mine is a 1995 Explorer Sport 5 speed - some parts suppliers do not make it clear. I think the radiator used in auto trans trucks differs because it has to accept the transmission...
  9. clackkent

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

1995 Exp Sport just turned 176,000. One owner. We just drove from LA to Denver over the Rockies on I-70 and the Explorer performed a treat in the snow despite being only 2WD. Original engine and transmission, just replaced clutch for second time. Hoping for another 21 years...
  10. clackkent

1998 Cruise Control Unit

Hi there - sorry for the delay in replying. Yes I still have the unit
  11. clackkent

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

163,000 on our 1995 Explorer Sport which we've owned since new, full service history. All regular maintenance done by me. Local indie garage recently fixed camshaft sensor. Also had new clutch and transmission rebuild at 130k. Engine is still going great. Last year I replaced the front...
  12. clackkent

cruise control problem

Cruise control problem now solved. After trying two different second hand cc modules and not having either of them appear to work, I reached down and checked the switch attached to the clutch pedal lever. Low and behold, the black plastic switch piece was not pushed fully home on the clutch...
  13. clackkent

Explorer Radio/Cassette 2nd Gen 1995-199

NEW 1995-1999 FORD RADIO. Part number is P2F57F-19B132-AB. Check the part number and the pictures to make sure it fits your vehicle - it may fit other Fords also. Radio is new and still has its sticker and clear plastic packing cover, with a ford cardboard box. Also check the picture of the...
  14. clackkent

1998 Cruise Control Unit

Cruise control unit from a 1998 Mercury Moutainer, but will fit similar Ford Explorer models and may well fit other years. Item is used and is untested, but it appears to be in good condition and I have no reason to think it will not work. Check the part number to make sure it will fit your...
  15. clackkent

larger front sway bar?

You could try Explorer Xpress - fitted one to my '95 and it was transformed. http://www.explorerexpress.com/
Back