Recent content by cleancutranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by cleancutranger

1. C

The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!!

before I bagged it after I bagged it I am currently tearing it apart for another rebuild, it will have the plastic rockers on the ground this time
  2. C

WTB: passenger side axle shaft

how much shipped to 38374?
  3. C

For Sale Parting out 2001 Explorer Sport

do u still have the headlights and corners?
  4. C

ok I now have a 8.8" rearend from a 98ish explorer with disc brakes, i still need a passenger side axle shaft though....
  5. C

a 28 spline axle?
  6. C

email sent. I need a 28 spline 27 5/8" axle shaft for a 8.8" I think the only 8.8" that are 28 spline are the ones with drum brakes.
  7. C

axle swap question

ok sorry i think i found the answer to what i needed to know through the search! lol sorry I have a 2001 Sport Trac w/drum brakes so i believe it is gonna be a 28 spline rear and the axle in the 99 expo is gonna be a 31 spline so that isn't gonna work i guess... anybody have a spare passenger...
  8. C

I need a passenger side axle shaft for a 8.8 from a sport trac or possibly a explorer if they measure the same?
  9. C

axle swap question

I have a 01 Sport trac and i am needing a passenger side axle shaft for it, do any of you know if a axle shaft from a 99' 4x4 explorer would be the same? both axles are 8.8's... the chunk is offset 3" on my sport trac and i don't know if it is on a 99' explorer.
  10. C

01 lowering kit?????

back when mine was just static dropped, that is how i did it i took the torsion adjuster bolts out and put a 3" block in the rear, then later i flipped the keys and took the overload leaf out in the rear. still rode about the same. It cornered a lot better, but i had to take the bumpstops out...
  11. C

01 lowering kit?????

so far as i know there is not a bolt on 4 link for the sport trac.... you can find several different weld on 4 link's at www.illusivefabrications.com , Brian is very helpful and can answer any of your ?'s
  12. C

lowering factory control arms?

I am sure that narrowing it and raising it did make a much bigger difference than just raising it, but anytime you move pivot points it changes the suspension, like i already stated it would raise the angle on the upper control arm, which changes the instant center of the front suspension and...
  13. C

I narrowed it to try to compensate for the camber curve, I just cut the front of the control arm with the ball joint off and cut 1 3/4" off the length of the control arm then replated and gussetted it with 1/4" plate and again it was a failure... I can say that if you raise the lower balljoint...
  14. C

lol yeah i seen the same thing and tried it, only i narrowed mine 2" also. not sure if me raising and narrowing the arms was what was wrong but i can personally say mine rode like CRAP!!!! It felt like it had a see saw affect like the truck wanted to roll over on itself, albeit it didn't have a...
Back