Recent content by cloud2or3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by cloud2or3

1. C

Hey, saw a post you had (from 2012) about the service procedure for a 6r60 transmission service...

Hey, saw a post you had (from 2012) about the service procedure for a 6r60 transmission service. Can you email it to me? nathan.dean.andrews@gmail.com. Please confirm thanks!
  2. C

Code P1299 - Coolant Temp Sensor... But where is it?

Diagram? Pictures? Little help? Thanks! 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8
  3. C

2006 4.6L V8 XLT whining noise

Pulleys. Just did mine. Fixed. Do them all, and the belt.
  4. C

Bad hub assembly? Bad luck? or... what else???

Torque wrench, as far as I know was torqued to 184. You say 183... Whats the source for the 183? Do different brands carry different torque specs? 06-10 Explorer Hub install At 12:42 states 184ft/lbs
  5. C

Since I bought the vehicle (Nov 2017), I had the original wheels and tires until spring 2018. Then I bought 20" rims and summer tires. And now have new snow tires back on the original rims. All mounted and balanced properly. I dont think the original rims actually made it back to the same...
  6. C

I'll try to be brief... 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L Bought used 1+ year ago with 142000km Noisy front drivers bearing right off the bat. Turning left = Silence, Turning Right = Noisey, going straight = humming. Replaced with BCA bearing, that seemed to be 'good' for a week or 2, and never...
  7. C

Problem in 4x4

Thanks, I came across that video, too. The green light threw me off until I watched the video.
  8. C

Problem in 4x4

Thanks for all the info guys. Looks like in 99% of the situations I am in, leaving it on the 4x4 Auto default is suffice. One thing, is the 4x4 Auto truly the 'default'? I have no light or way of knowing it is activated. When I hit the 4x4 HIGH or LOW, the indicators come on in the dash.
  9. C

Problem in 4x4

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps I was not sure of when I should be engaging the 4x4. Rookie mistake it sounds like. Yes, I was on pavement. but only briefly. We are expecting snow finally here in Vancouver, BC, so I wanted to kind of prep the system so-to-speak. Sounds like a bad idea??? I'll...
  10. C

Problem in 4x4

Hey guys, been while... My 06 Explorer Eddie Bauer seems to make a not-to-healthy sounding clunk type noise when switched (button pushed) into 4x4 mode while turning. Like something is binding up and releasing. Seems to be ok going straight. Are you meant to only gonstraight in 4x4??? Lol...
  11. C

Problem in 4x4

Hey guys, been while... My 06 Explorer Eddie Bauer seems to make a not-to-healthy sounding clunk type noise when turning while in 4x4 mode (button pushed). Like something is binding up and violently releasing. Seems to be ok going straight. Are you meant to only go straight in 4x4??? Lol...
  12. C

Coil packs - Straight or curved for 2006 4.6L V8 3V?

Im beginning to believe this is what happened. The vehicle is new to me some im learning all the ins and outs... Again lol. Thanks for the replies! Suggestions on replacements, guys? Leaning towards the MSD.
  13. C

Coil packs - Straight or curved for 2006 4.6L V8 3V?

As the title states... I was pretty sure that when the mechanic pulled out the #8 pack (wet), that it had a curve to it. But I'm seeing online that it is supposed to be straight for this year (2006). Perhaps the wrong ones were installed (2002-2005). Please confirm, thanks!
  14. C

Any Ford Parts guys on here? Need help differentiating between a cpl of part numbers (Throttle Body)

Mechanic broke the little nub on the kickdown lever that connects to the cable. Currently zap strapped back on, but not kicking down properly. Throttle Body P/Ns F77Z-9E926-AD F77Z-9E926-AA What is the difference? And which one do I need for my: 1997 V6 4.0L SOHC Limited Thanks in advance!
  15. C

Torsion bar twist? How Far? How High?

I had these installed... Suspension Maxx Maxxcam adjustable keys
Back