Recent content by CommandPresence | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by CommandPresence

1. C

WTB Cold Air Intake 3.5NA

Looking for a CAI for my 2018 XLT 3.5 NA.
  2. C

Heated seats and wheel stays on after remote start

My '18 after using remote start turns on the rear defrost automatically every time. I have to shut it off each time I press start when entering the vehicle. I believe it's due to auto, or settings in the climate settings.
  3. C

2015 TPMS fault help needed

Check out this post too, might be of help somehow! TPMS Relearning Tool for 2016 Explorer
  4. C

rogramming NOTE: Enter Training Mode Without Scan Tool NOTE: The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center will display TRAIN Left Front (LF) TIRE. With the ignition OFF, press and release the...
  5. C

I cant remember what years that you do it with, but isn't there also a procedure of letting air out/horn beeps as well? Jogging my memory here...
  6. C

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Good to know I can leave it running, thank you :)
  7. C

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

This may have been covered in an earlier post but.... Can we have the vehicle running while making all changes? Reason I ask is as I'm in Forscan and go to change settings, my 18 XLT gets the low battery warning. So I won't be able to write to the module. Apparently my battery isn't strong...
  8. C

2018 Explorer XLT Oil Leak

Oil leak has been resolved, is was the crank seal that needed to be replaced (obviously warranty). Just rolled 10k miles when I got it to the dealership. No leaks now after a few hundred miles. Part no: XW4Z 6700 AA was on repair order.
  9. C

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Update, see attached letter from Ford after and Engineer was flown out to inspect my 2018 with 10k miles on it. Vehicle was driven about 40 minutes for the testing.
  10. C

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

Update on my 18', Here's the reply letter back from Ford's Legal Office.
  11. C

Ford is flying engineers to the dealership this week to inspect my '18. I'll keep you posted.
  12. C

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

2018 XLT with 9k miles going in for exhaust smell on Wednesday. Ford is sending an engineer to the dealership for inspections with equipment. I'll report back with findings.
  13. C

I'd like to let everyone know I put 9k miles on an 18' XLT after trading in my 14' Interceptor SUV...................I still get an exhaust smell on heavy accel. As it's also going in for an oil leak, this will also be part of the diagnosis.
  14. C

2018 Explorer XLT Oil Leak

Well, it goes in on the 11th for my appointment so we shall see.
Back