Recent content by CorbinDallas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by CorbinDallas

1. C

Replacement battery cables for '96 5.0

Well i just wanted to report back that god must love me because two 5.0's showed up at the local Pick'N'Pull this week. Should have the cable replaced tonight. My god what a pain in a butt it is to get those hangers bolted back on though! I think I want to take off the rad and just flush the...
  2. C

Thanks donalds, that's a start at least =)
  3. C

The terminals are a small part of the equation here, and easily replaceable. I'm selling the truck and don't want to have to put much effort into it at this point. Looks like I essentialy need three cables here. A positive, a ground, and one for the starter solenoid
  4. C

Thanks but that's just an aftermarket positive cable.
  5. C

Bump. Anyone have a OEM part number for the 5.0 battery cable harness?
  6. C

I cut off the two connections to the starter (positive and solenoid), and one of the grounds to the block. Rockauto has a replacement but it doesn't look right More Information for STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS A784TB
  7. C

At some point a previous owner had replaced the terminals with those lead ends. I found a really good cable at the wrecker with the original metal ends, but these were unfortunately from a 4.0, and i have a '96 5.0 To make matters worse, I didnt' realize the difference until I had removed my...
  8. C

Help with 2005 Aviator diff rebuild part list

Awesome, thanks for the tip!
  9. C

The everything Aviator thread.

Check your fuses under the dash
  10. C

Hey man, wouldn't mind getting a second opinion this post re: my diff rebuild...

Hey man, wouldn't mind getting a second opinion this post re: my diff rebuild. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-with-2005-aviator-diff-rebuild-part-list.475086/
  11. C

Help with 2005 Aviator diff rebuild part list

Detroit Locker TT70P53075 - Eaton Detroit Truetrac Differentials https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dtl-912a585 Detroit Locker TT70P52670 - Eaton Detroit Truetrac Differentials https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dtl-913a561 Ford Performance Parts M-4209-88373 - Ford Performance Parts Ring and...
  12. C

If i'm doing my timing chain guides, what else should I do?

Thanks, i'll look into the water pump and thermostat housing. The truck has COPs which are a cake walk, and i did the front bearings last year. I'm looking to get five more years out of the aviator as my winter "beater".
  13. C

Yes, it's the 1600cc VW, air cooled.
  14. C

Sorry, yes, i bought the whole timing kit.
Back