Recent content by crispins | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by crispins

1. C

No turn signals, no hazzards

Yes that was in, thank you. I am not going to use a glue gun (mostly because I do not have one, thinking more just to extend that one wire that is the cause of the problem.
  2. C

*SOLVED* My wife had drove today some which she normally does not do. While going over the issue today she mentioned that she lowered the tilt of the steering wheel. That reminded me that I never do that as I have a loose wire in the wheel and that pulls on it. For the last 2 years I have...
  3. C

Very odd issue. Today I used hazards for a few mins as I was stopped in the road for a bit. Later in the day I noticed that the blinkers have stopped working. I also had my boat today and put it in the water so that could be a cause perhaps. I checked fuses 7 and 11 on the drivers side fuse...
  4. C

Using a tow dolly?

the tow dolly has both brakes (surge style) and a winch. I would not buy a dolly without the brake setup, I can see while towing my 1,500 lbs boat around that the Trac's brakes are not good enough to handle additional loads.
  5. C

Using a tow dolly?

It does shift perfectly now, no issues at all. I will def add an external filter, that is a great idea. Do you have a link to one you recommend? Does anyone know if there is a deep pan for this transmission?
  6. C

Using a tow dolly?

I love my Sport Trac. I actually wish to keep it for many more years. It has worked great for everything I need it to do. I flip cars as a side business. I try to buy only running cars but make more money buying broken cars. Currently I have the non-running cars towed to my house but would...
  7. C

Cannot engage 4x4 unless driving over 30 mph

Solved the problem. it was the shift motor. I bought a new unit from Ebay for $70 Swapped it out in about 10 mins. Now as soon as I switch it to 4 wheel high it goes into it. Cannot believe I dealt with it for over a year not working for such an easy fix.
  8. C

Horn randomly blows

Do you mean the main battery? That one tests well and is newer.
  9. C

Horn randomly blows

Just picked up a 2000 Mountaineer. Only issue I ma having is sometimes the horn blows a little, like in the middle of the night while the car is parked and keys not in it The other day i was driving it and the horn went off and would not stop. I had to pull over and I pulled relays until it...
  10. C

Request for wiring diagram - fog light switch

No, I hate the look of aftermarket switches so I repurposed the factory fog light switch. I have never felt the need to turn off the fog (driving lights) so I have them bypassed on the switch so they just operate the same as the factory switch being on (they turn on with the low beams, off with...
  11. C

What do I do...

You do not need full coverage on a vehicle worth $1,000, that is a waste of money and makes no financial sense. Drop the insurance down to just liability only and you may find yourself having enough money to keep this truck.
  12. C

What I have been working on is to use the fog light switch to trigger my 42" roof mounted lightbar. Bypassing the switch to have the foglights on whenever the low beams are on was easy. However the relay harness I bought for the lightbar is setup for a positive trigger so I was trying to make...
  13. C

What do I do...

Is that insurance price for basic liability insurance or full insurance as it sure seems very high. My opinion is you cannot afford to keep the truck and it is not going to be worth very much selling it either. You should sell it for a $1,000, go without a vehicle for a while and save money...
  14. C

Than Thank you very much. I have decided to rewire what I am doing to use a ground trigger instead of a positive trigger, that will give me back the lights function on the switch and dash. Your help was very good.
Back