Recent content by Crizz | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Crizz

1. Crizz

Replacing stock halogens with HID's?

ever heard of experience ? May some very old headlight reflectors have other angular dimensions than today, but had Xenon even in my 90 XLT, and nobody ever faced a word about blinding, even the very hard german M.O.T.test didn´t complain about wrong focus. Some say that focal differences...
  2. Crizz

"Audiophile" Stereo?

probably the next one will be a hybrid or LPG-powered :)
  3. Crizz

"Audiophile" Stereo?

Sorry Wharriso, had to sell the Eddie because my business ( slotmachines ) became bad with the non-smoker-law over here in 2007 ( - 40 % turnover ). Was fighting for bare survival, so the truck had to go. Was a little hard to me, but won´t be the last - there enough available when things will...
  4. Crizz

"Audiophile" Stereo?

Have a look at the "list of useful threads", i posted a manual for swapping the HU at the 2006 XP when I swapped the HU of my 2006 Eddie V8. Was listed there by admin.
  5. Crizz

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

the 2005 V8 Eddie (ff) isn´t compairable to all Explorers before, and 120 mph isn´t a real big deal for the chassis. On highways I often drove +/- 130 mph - just to pass trucks . Normal travel speed around 100 - 110. Can recommend the SCT Xcalibrator II , have one to sell now that I sold my...
  6. Crizz

"Audiophile" Stereo?

Use Double-Tape and place it beneath the mounting hole. Cable-straps helps fixing unused wirelenght.
  7. Crizz

Xcal 2 on 2006 Eddie V8

Never thought about it, should be close to the 99 Explorer - pull the plug vom the transfer case. In GE we have some times probs at the M.O.T-Test w/ cars having automatic 4WD, so easiest way is disabling the servomotor at the transfercase. Don´t know 4 sure if it works same way, need to look...
  8. Crizz

Replacing stock halogens with HID's?

Funny that Xenon-light needs to be focused in other ways than normal bulb-light. What if the light doesn´t know ?
  9. Crizz

Urgent ! 2006 Explorer Brochure ?

Guess this could help too, cjones. Thx alot and have a merry xmas, folks !
  10. Crizz

Urgent ! 2006 Explorer Brochure ?

Need your help, folks ! Sold my 2006 4x4 Eddie V8 ( didn´t want to but needed, will not be my last Explorer for sure ). The new owner ( English man living in spain ) has now problems with the spanish car registration authorities. They are having doubts that the car is in original condition (...
  11. Crizz

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

why discussing about different limiter-settings ? Use an Xcal and get rid of it. Have mine in use since june 06, top speed in premium-performance-tune is 140 mph. More than enough, and very rare to ride, even in GE.
  12. Crizz

06 V6 air intakes

No noise but the intake noise, no whistle. No probs w/ water or something else.
  13. Crizz

Harsh downshift to first gear ( 4x4 V8 )

curious - after updating the pcm, now the pcm-error-signal came up in the display. Have been at my dealer again to check for DTCs, but none to befound. Guess it´s caused by my Cobra-wheels w/o TMPS-sensors, running ´em now for 7 mo´s, last yr. swapped w/ org.wheels after 4 mo´s. We´ll see...
  14. Crizz

Okay folks, it´s done. I´m right back from the service, they installed the "Driveability update" for the PCM - seem´s it works, never had this smooth and quick shifts before. Hope it helps permanently.
  15. Crizz

Would be great, Dave - thx alot !
Back