Recent content by custexplorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by custexplorer

1. C

I crashed

Will take tomorrow, thanks guys
  2. C

I crashed

It sounds worse than it was as the guard wail was thin, and the front wheels caught most of the fall. i do have insurance, but have not decided if I should notify them. Steering wheel seems ok and no glass damage.
  3. C

I crashed

Sorry no pics but I was in an accident this last week, in my 05 explorer. I lost control, went through a guardrail and nosedived over ten feet from a bridge. The airbags never deployed and i was fine other than bruises. As for the car, the direct impact was on the driver side of the bumper...
  4. C

Has anyone ever done a carb setup?

Taking off the intake manifold and everything connected to it would be easy. I'd be interested in this if its possible. The idea of seeing the engine would be nice. I don't know about inspections though.
  5. C

'05 Possible Tranny Issue

Its not that the dealers would necessarily try to cheat you, they just don't always find the most cost efficient fix, and their prices are pretty high for just about anything
  6. C

Explorer vs Ecplise

http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249864
  7. C

I dont think it would be easy on an auto, because you cant slap carbs on it and toss the ecu, because the ecu controls the shifting. If it were possible I'd consider it. Makes getting to the engine alot simpler and your bay look alot neater.
  8. C

'05 Possible Tranny Issue

Get a quote from an engine builder.
  9. C

CAI - can I make my own with this idea?

This was my setup: http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249991
  10. C

Anyone on a recent x done a carb'd setup?
  11. C

im tired of getting the gas mileage of a space ship

Clean your maf sensor and reconnect the battery.
  12. C

That sounds right. When I installed my cold air intake, my mileage went to 12, I wiped off the maf sensor, reconnected the battery and it wend from 12 to 21.7. (It was 16.9 before I installed the cold air intake)
  13. C

Sea-foam in your iac hose, change your fuel filter and motor oil, maybe your spark plugs, and clean your air filter. Check that your air intake system is airtight. Disconnect and reconnect your battery. See if that does the trick.
  14. C

When coming off a light, im always winning.
  15. C

I just installed a custom cold air intake and a magnaflow muffler, and mine LEAPED from 16.9 - 21.7
Back