Recent content by DadMode | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by DadMode

1. D

Heated seats/wheel

I personally have not noticed any issues with cycling. The heated seats at 3 bars on remote start get way too hot for my tastes, I end up turning them down to 1. The heated wheels stays warm for me the entire time I leave it on, but as with the seats I end up getting a little warm and turn it...
  2. D

3.5L Ecoboost Owners - What MPG are you getting?

Running 93 octane I get 20 - 21 average in my Platinum. I came from an AWD Escalade that averaged 12 on premium. I know the numbers aren't great, but for the power and capabilities in the Explorer they really aren't bad.
  3. D

Proper Product/Pad For My Paint Correction

Hey everyone, looking for a little advice on some paint correction work on my 2017 Shadow Black platinum. I did original paint correction after I purchased for some minor defects, and it was in decent shape. Unfortunately, after asking repeatedly for it not to happen, the dealership ran it...
  4. D

Top 5 Mods for a Sport

That is a pretty big challenge... I could have sworn Wilwood made a set but looks like I am mistaken there. Either way you will be spending a couple thousand on a BBK, so it's just a matter of where you want to go with it. These aren't track cars that are experiencing brake fade, so obviously...
  5. D

Top 5 Mods for a Sport

Tune is plug and play and you can always flash back to stock before taking into the dealership. A modest tune will not cause an item to wear out any faster during the warranty period unless it was already defective (and in that case it is a win/win). I've put wheels on every car I've ever...
  6. D

Top 5 Mods for a Sport

Big Brake Kit (oversized/higher pot calipers and rotors) Down Pipe (first pipe in the exhaust gas flow connected directly to the turbo) Honestly though, disregard most of what I said in 3 - 5 as my reading comprehension could use just a little work. You did specifically mention no warranty...
  7. D

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Thank you both!! Drive Bright was one I had looked at awhile back and could not find the link for the life of me. I need to send in my rear dome to them as well to complete the 6K conversion! Much appreciated. :) :) ** EDIT ** Received the Drive Bright puddle lamps in on Saturday (super fast...
  8. D

Top 5 Mods for a Sport

Could not agree more.. Caliper covers look like a completely cheap attempt at appearing to have a BBK. I personally akin it to wearing a fake Rolex, not a nicely made Chinese model with swiss internals, but one of those quartz models you pick up in Mexico for $20. If you want the look of full...
  9. D

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

I've ordered 2 sets of puddle lights, one from Amazon and one from eBay, I had the same fitment issue on both of them. They did not fit snugly and would fall out. Has anyone else had experience with this, and if so are there any higher end lights out there I can purchase that will actually...
Back