Recent content by dakota25276 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by dakota25276

1. D

How to: The Comprehensive Brown Wire Mod Thread

I have a 1997 ford explorer and the rear seats lay down in it when i lay them down there is a flap that can be raised up and there is a bundle of wires leading up and under the front driver side seat wouldn't it be easier to get to the brown wire from there
  2. D

I need help with my explorer

also this is probably a dumb question but is there a way to make it like it has a posi-trac rear-end and if so how do you do that and can it be done to the front also. does the brown wire mod work?
  3. D

Last night i took of the throttle body and cleaned i today. I also found that the upper intake had a build up in it like the throttle body did any suggestions on how to clean it. and there was around 1-2 inches of give on my throttle cable does anyone have any suggestions on that.
  4. D

ok any ideas on a cheap or homemade lift
  5. D

ok thanks for the advice also does anyone know how to make a garage on this site
  6. D

would it hurt or help if i sprayed carb and choke cleaner into the throttle body and wiped it down to remove any build up in it
  7. D

ok thanks i will try that is there any other mods i can do to it for power and a cheap lift i am just using it around the farm so legality and safety not a issue but i would rather it be safe
  8. D

I have a 1997 ford explorer with the4.0 v6 automatic with the pushbutton 4wd and it doesn't have much power and there is only around 1 inch of gas pedal travel could that be causing the problem and I would also like to find som free or cheap mods for it also hopefully someone can help
Back