Recent content by davidk | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by davidk

1. davidk

Coupon Codes for Forum Members

Thanks Don, it’s a weight off my mind that plugging in the NOS module I found will not “brick” my X! And I’ll save your info for future Gen 1 small parts needs.
  2. davidk

Coupon Codes for Forum Members

Hi Benny, Can I ask a parts question? Is changing the anti-theft module in a 1993 Explorer Limited with factory alarm a plug and play operation? The module part number is: F3VF-19A366-BA. You can also PM me if you'd like. Thanks! David
  3. davidk

Bizarre Limited factory alarm module behavior

Thanks for responding. In the photo of the connector ports, the left connector controls the keyless entry and panic via keyfob. The right connector enables intrusion alarm and starter disable. As I learned by searching a LOT of posts when this originally happened, you can drive the X with the...
  4. davidk

Bizarre Limited factory alarm module behavior

1993 Ford Explorer Limited with factory alarm - My alarm module drowned when I was washing my car (common problem with Ford Explorer Limited and others - covered by a TSB). Headlights and flashers and horn all going, wouldn't stop by pressing unlock on key fob or inserting my original FORD key...
  5. davidk

Sway Bars

When I bought my 93 XLT 5-speed in 1997, one of the first things I did was install Bilstein shocks and mega front/rear sway bars with poly bushings from IPD (I had a sporty Volvo sedan and was a believer in big sway bars). While it handled great on pavement, I didn't realize the negative effect...
  6. davidk

Shiftster?

Anyone have a Shiftster they'd like to sell?
  7. davidk

Sold SOLD!!!! 1994 4 Door, 4x4 Explorer XLT Very Good Shape

That's a nice truck, and for the price, can make someone a happy driver for years!
  8. davidk

November EF Lottery

Congrats, @Craigerz And your "ambulances" are a lot more cool than the Navy ambulances I drove as a corpsman back in the 70's. :D
  9. davidk

Sept EF Lottery

Congrats, DonnieFB! You enjoy your extra year as an Elite Explorer. Sending donuts to everyone who posted a photo or story is optional. :laugh:
  10. davidk

Sept EF Lottery

I was a first responder as a Navy Hospital Corpsman (drove ambulances, as well as worked in the Naval Hospital ER). That was many years ago, but it is something that never leaves you, as I discovered in June of 2010. I volunteered at a Western States 100 Mile Endurance Race aid station at the...
  11. davidk

June EF Lottery

My friend Bram lives in the Netherlands and comes to the US occasionally on vacation. If it is winter, I always take him out to the mountains for some driving in the snow. We were in the middle of nowhere, on a remote forest service road, when we came upon this pickup stuck in a ditch. It was...
  12. davidk

June EF Lottery

Ever heard of the Donner Party in the 1800’s? They weren’t prepared for a snowy winter, got stuck in a mountain pass, and ended up eating each other to stay alive. Fast forward a little over a hundred years, July, and I (and my 60's Volvo sedan) decided to drive Interstate 80 from Sacramento...
  13. davidk

April EF Lottery

@Turdle I really liked those old Cougars. I knew a guy back in early 70's (in the Navy where we all had money to burn...) who had a 67 with V8 and stick. If I could go back in time, I'd buy all those V8 cars that I got to drive those years, including the Shelby Mustang with dual quads - almost a...
  14. davidk

April EF Lottery

Congrats @Exploring XLT!! And @CarpeNoctem, those days of cheap and "legal" oil burners are gone for good, at least in this country. :)
  15. davidk

April EF Lottery

I washed dishes, bussed tables and mopped floors (at $1.65/hour minimum wage) to earn the $70 to buy my first car - a 1963 Ford Fairlane station wagon. I was 18 and it was my freedom machine. I bought oil by the gallon ‘cos it burned it so fast, you could see the roadway through the rusted out...
Back