Recent content by DaytonGuy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by DaytonGuy

1. D

Fog (or Air) Horn Sound [Video Added] [SOLVED]

I changed out the upper left idler pulley and that seemed to do the trick.
  2. D

Fog (or Air) Horn Sound [Video Added] [SOLVED]

Truck started making an odd, intermittent fog horn like sound from under the hood. It's getting louder and more frequent. I initially suspected an idler pulley bearing or something like that. Further research online suggest there may be an issue with the Idle Air Control Valve. Has anyone...
  3. D

Front Hub Bearing Question

Outstanding. Thank you!
  4. D

So.....I've gotten conflicting information on axle nut size. Who is correct? Tech by Trade = 34MM Web Search = 36MM AutoZone's Computer = 32MM
  5. D

Can anyone confirm the size of the axle nut on the front? Thanks!
  6. D

That makes a lot of sense. It sure is deceiving. I would have bet someone money that the driver's side was bad based on the sounds and feel when driving.
  7. D

So I have a hub bearing out. Loud hum and vibration when driving. My question is...how to I verify which side it is? When I drive and make a slight left it gets noticeable louder. Likewise when I make a slight right it gets quieter. It this the driver side bearing? I wanted to replace both...
  8. D

Front Turn Signal Issue

This has got to be an easy thing, but maybe not. My front passenger side turn signal bulb flashes like it should when using the turn signal. It does not stay lit as part of the "running lights" if that's what it is called. The driver side bulb works fine. Flashes and stays lit when lights...
  9. D

TPMS Fault

Just a quick question. About a month ago I started hearing a slight "hum" noise in the front end. It has gotten progressively louder. Especially noticeable when I make a slight left or right turning motion while driving. I assume I have a wheel bearing going out. Today I got a TPMS fault...
  10. D

Exhaust manifold nightmare

Dude....that's why dealers are also called stealers on a lot of car forums. I just had my passenger side bolts replaced. 2 were broken off, 2 others had larger bolts screwed into the head. Dealer quoted by $2000 + over the phone. Told me they had to pull motor to do the job. My local...
  11. D

Exhaust Manifold Gasket Leak

I had the shop look at the head pretty closley. They were convinced it was fine since they were able to drill and tap the holes that needed it. Runs great right now and seems to be getting a 1-2 mile increase in the MPG department.
  12. D

08 sport trac key pad code

You could also just look behind the fuse box located under the driver side dash, outside "wall". Its on a sticker on the back of the box. You need a mirror and a cellphone to take a picture of the sticker.
  13. D

I paid my mechanic for a gasket set, exhaust studs and 3 hours of labor. Less than $300. I had originally went to another shop and also called the local Ford dealer. They both told me that the engine would have to be pulled to do the job and quoted me $2500 - $3000. I was not going to pay...
  14. D

This is more of a rant than an issue I need help with..... I got my pass. side leak fixed yesterday. My mechanic said whoever worked on the truck before was a dumb@ss. The previous people were able to get 2 broken studs out. Their idea of a fix was to take oversized bolts (not exhaust studs...
Back