Recent content by deadlyapp | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by deadlyapp

1. D

How to: Explorer Sport EB convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

I've been running mine open at least a year now and just put it back into closed. I didn't notice any significant blow by and I have no other vacuum mods or catch can.
  2. D

LED Headlight Conversions

Had my OPT7 Fluxbeam X 9005 installed in January of this year go out on me this week. The bulb itself is fine, but the little capacitor box seems to be fried and is no longer powering the bulb itself. It still powers the tiny fan. Have reinstalled my stockers for right now and have contacted...
  3. D

So far the Opti's have been good for me, and they are a fairly reputable brand from what I understand. I would not replace your foglights with white LEDs, actually foglights are much more effective when yellower vs white. You can replace them the same way though - just need to figure out which...
  4. D

2014 Ford Ex Sport Back window blows out

No. I don't believe any of the new Gen have this functionality.
  5. D

I have the Opt7 X bulbs. I put the dust covers back on but the bottom portion is not fully sealed so that the wire can come though. I didn't want to cut them in case I go back to stock for some reason. I've had no issues this way for at least a couple k miles now with a few multi hour night drives.
  6. D

2014 Ford Ex Sport Back window blows out

In which case you might as well just replace out of pocket and not go through insurance since your deductible is likely higher than the cost of the glass replacement!
  7. D

I didn't need them for my 2015 sport. I just put in the bulbs and was good to go. As far as the other guy who had problems getting to the bulbs - I don't recall having any major issues. It was a tight fit for my hands, but I was able to maneuver the bulbs OK.
  8. D

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

Wanted to thank you for posting this. Was really interested in setting up remote start on my 2015 sport and was able to buy keys, program, and cut them for next to nothing, but every local dealership wanted $150+ just to do the programming. Found this thread, picked up a $30 cord from Amazon...
  9. D

2013 Explorer front seat removal

Yep - I removed both my seats a few weeks ago to remove the wiring that was under there for the built in headrest monitors. There is a bracket that is bolted to the frame that you can't access the bolts to, but the seat itself just sits on top of that bracket and as far as I recall, there are...
  10. D

Push Bar - 2016 / 2017 / 2018 Police Interceptor Utility Explorer

I see what you're saying. I'll measure up all the parts for the 2015 when I get it, since it would be interesting to know, and if someone ever takes the time to measure and compare 2016+ brackets it'd be good information to have. Plus might allow people to source for a bit more reasonable price.
  11. D

I haven't received my kit yet, but I believe it's very similar, using square brackets that mount to the bumper bracket and come through the bumper. There's some slight difference between the 2015 and down and the 2016 and up, but it's probably only the brackets. I actually got a quote from...
  12. D

Yep, the one on eBay now is for the utility interceptor and has all three bars. Wish I had a 16+ and hadn't just bought one at full retail price!
  13. D

Just saw a Setina PB400 go on sale on Ebay for 275 shipped also!
  14. D

Off-road style wheels in 2011+ Models

So - I'm in the process of looking for another set of wheels for my 2015 Ex Sport so when I go camping/backpacking/etc and have to take fire roads/etc to get to trail heads I can get a little more tire than what is currently on my 20" stock rims. Unfortunately, I'm having a bear of a time doing...
  15. D

I like them, however they do have some bloom in the stock projectors. You can fit them under the stock dust covers, but with the wire tail you pretty much have to cut a slit or leave the bottom portion of the cover not fully tight. I live in southern California so I'm not too concerned about...
Back