Recent content by DeLeSaAZ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by DeLeSaAZ

1. DeLeSaAZ

Rear Suspension Toe Link Recall

Hmm. Did your service invoice say specifically what was done? I just got my '16 back from a PTU replacement, told them it was steering funny and driving weird - they did a Toe Alignment but the invoice says nothing about a recall - so now I'm really wondering. Guess I'll have to call them.
  2. DeLeSaAZ

Rear Suspension Toe Link Recall

I JUST got my '16 Explorer back from Ford for an unrelated oil leak - but I did also complain that the steering was sluggish and pulling to the left, so they did a "toe alignment" (the printout says "ExpressAlign Total Alignment" but the numbers for Camber, Caster, Steer Ahead and Thrust Angle...
  3. DeLeSaAZ

Car Service, ESP to rescue!

One would think that the engineers who design engines would understand contraction rates of different metals/alloys/materials. It's not something that I would ever think of - I'm not incredibly knowledgeable of such things - but just you saying it, it makes complete sense that contraction rates...
  4. DeLeSaAZ

Sorry, took me a bit to get things together! From the actual repair slips from Ford: FIRST TIME IN: (No leaks of any kind noticed by me) Installed: Seal Assembly - Crankshaft Oil Found Oil Dye coming from the left seam of the Front Cover. R&I both Valve Covers, Upper Intake and Front Cover...
  5. DeLeSaAZ

Version/Series SEEF FORD SERIES Plant of Manufacture AAGAD CHICAGO PLANT BUILD Engine ENKX 3.5L Cyclone V6 Petrol TIVCT Transmission TRWJ 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F50 (IND=A) Drive Type DR0F 4 WHL L/H FULL TIME DRIVE
  6. DeLeSaAZ

Okay, got the car back today. I was told the leak from the first fix 5 weeks ago was a patch. Oil leak from ? (Doesn't clearly say), transmission fluid leak from transfer case (repaired, reinstalled). When I took it back Tues night, I said it was leaking oil, didn't "drive/feel/sound" right...
  7. DeLeSaAZ

The drivers-side seat blower (A/C or heat) has never turned on at start-up before, regardless of prior setting (which really annoyed me because I wanted it to default to it's prior usage, like all other HVAC settings). Now, sometimes it's on, sometimes it's not. Quirky.
  8. DeLeSaAZ

Thanks for all the replies, I just wondered how it all worked. However, now the car needs to go back into the dealer (1 month later) for a REAL oil leak! As I said, I thought the oil/tranny fluid leaks they found were odd since there were no drips on the driveway. Well, I backed the car out...
  9. DeLeSaAZ

I recently took my car into the dealer for regular maintenance (oil change, etc) and to have a door seal replaced that my dog tore up getting out of the car and to have that exhaust service done there was a bulletin about (not a recall). San Tan Ford called me the next day (I did a night-drop)...
  10. DeLeSaAZ

2016 Cooled Seats

I did find the official TSB online and printed it out. Might come in handy.
  11. DeLeSaAZ

2016 Cooled Seats

This thread is about 7 months old - and I'm not sure if my issue applies to it or not - I think it does: My 2016 Limited has the cooled seats. Living in Arizona, it's an option I LOVE having (just like having the heated seats and heated steering wheel in the winter when it's 30 degrees (and my...
  12. DeLeSaAZ

How to remove 3M double sided tape from window deflectors

I forgot to say what I ended up doing - Sorry! I first tried the WD-40 route. I took a raggy towel and shut it in the door, since the goo was on the A pillar (I believe it's called - the side windshield pillar), and then across the top side above the door, and sprayed the WD-40. I used a clean...
  13. DeLeSaAZ

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

Thanks. I did some research AFTER I posted this (I'm a little backwards at times) and that's what many sites said - Goof Off (but not Goo Gone, it's too harsh) supposedly works well or just plain ole WD-40 is also supposed to work as well. I was hoping someone had some ideas that would be less...
  14. DeLeSaAZ

I watched a youtube video with a man showing how to do that - and I'd be WAY to afraid of doing it too hard or fast and taking the paint off. I saw several videos that said Goof Off (not Goo Gone, it's too harsh - so says the videos) works well but that plain WD-40 works best - just soak it, let...
  15. DeLeSaAZ

I currently have the Ford OEM Window Deflectors / Window Vents on my '16 Explorer. I've never really been in love with them since I put them on, as I have the silver car with the top of the window line going down the car - the car window frames/pillars are black and make a nice clean line of...
Back