Recent content by DeRocha | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by DeRocha

1. D

94 AWD not working

Does the 4x4 button and dash light go out when you press the button?
  2. D

94 AWD not working

You need to first use the 4x4 Troubleshooting Guide to help determine what's wrong. The hubs come into play ONLY after the T-case has been successfully shifted into 4x4 (4x4 will be illuminated in the dash) https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/4x4-troubleshooting-guide.202166/
  3. D

Last winter I noticed my 4wd wasn't working. I waited for warmer weather to fix it. I'm having problems

I would suggest you start with the 4x4 troubleshooting guide. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/4x4-troubleshooting-guide.202166/
  4. D

DayStar Body mount replacement & Custom 3/4" lift (1st Gen)

Glad the thread was helpful. Good Idea about the lithium grease 👍
  5. D

Wire Question in a 1992 Explorer

I would poke a hole where the Yellow arrow is pointing to run low current wires into the cabin. I assume you want to run the low voltage Trigger wire (#85) from the Fog relay mounted near the battery.
  6. D

ISO Drivers side Drum backplate

I lucked out and found one in a bone yard near me. Not too many around these days.
  7. D

1991 fuse question

Fuses either work or they are blown and don't. As such there is no need to replace a working fuse with another working fuse.
  8. D

1992 Explorer intake tube

Junkyard or I would heat up PVC pipe and mold into shape.
  9. D

Brake and ABS light on.

Damn... that ABS Hydraulic unit is a mess. I didn't think it could rust so badly.
  10. D

Happy owner of '92 Explorer

That plastic stop on the gear selector was toast.
  11. D

Happy owner of '92 Explorer

Very Nice. One step at a time is the way to go.
  12. D

Goodbye old girl... Sending my 91 to the yard

Sorry to hear that.. It is always sad to see one you've had for a long time go..
  13. D

3.27 to 4.10 rear end 2wd

I agree with @JustinGibson. 3.27 with an automatic and 33s are barely okay on flat ground. They will be terrible going up hills and doing any kind of off-roading. When I got my 33s I had 3.27's for a week or so before I could re-gear to 4.10s. With an automatic transmission I had zero power...
  14. D

Just Bought - Couple questions

Very clean survivor you have there.. :)
  15. D

4x4 Electronic Shift Control Module

The link to the 4x4 trouble shooting guide on Post #6 has lots of information and pictures of the various components and locations. Is this what you are looking for?
Back