Recent content by DesertCourtz | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by DesertCourtz

1. D

'02 Ford Explorer going into 4x4 high on it's own...

Okay. Then yes, I believe it does go into low. The parking lot I'm in is rough asphalt, so there is plenty of traction. I have not attempted to drive it far though, nor attempted to go fast at all, so I can't say for certain.
  2. D

Okay, please forgive what is likely a very dumb question. But isn't 4x4 Auto the normal mode? And while I can't tell for sure without the dash lights, it does seem to come on. Or at least I will end up backing out of my parking space a hell of a lot faster than I planned if I put it in reverse...
  3. D

I purchased this vehicle used, and while the 4x4 lights on the dash illuminate upon start up, pressing the buttons for either will not light them up on the dash any other time. I keep feeling the 4x4 high kick in. I've checked the tires and pressure. Sometimes you can hear it, or feel the lurch...
  4. D

2002 Explorer Limited Floor Cargo Lever Broken

I recently bought a 02 limited. However, the lever/hatch to open the floor cargo area in the rear of the car (behind the third row seating) is broken. I am not able to get it open. I have found the part, and will be ordering that soon, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to open it so I...
  5. D

2002 Explorer Floor Cargo Hatch Broken.

I recently purchased a used 2002 explorer limited. The rear floor cargo hatch is broken, and I have been unable to actually open the cargo area. Any suggestions for how to get this open? I have found the part needed, and will be ordering it soon, but I would like to be able to get it open, and...
Back