Recent content by dextroyer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by dextroyer

1. D

M5OD-R1HD 1-3 Gear Swap Question

Why Regear Your Axles When You Can Regear Your Tranny?
  2. D

Hey what speaker did u find to fit in a stock sub box?

Hey what speaker did u find to fit in a stock sub box?
  3. D

Chugging sound

I traced it down to the gasket material on the headers, it is deteriorating and a small leak is there.
  4. D

Chugging sound

It would have to be a pinhole leak from the manifold. Now I'll just have to see if the plugs and wires I just picked up fix the shudder.
  5. D

Chugging sound

I have a 2000 v8 awd explorer that sat for 6 months. It has this chugging sound only under throttle. I changed the oil and took it on the highway and now it had a shudder intermittently under acceleration. I'm going to get new plugs and wires, and a fuel filter and see if that is going to...
  6. D

3rd Gear Issue

My 96 has had the issue with going into gear a little rough, but always went into third, with a slight grind. But now it is almost impossible to get into third no matter what rpm I'm at. I'm having the transmission rebuilt, the clutch was just done but they didn't put in a new throwout or pilot...
  7. D

Speedometer Issues

Rock Auto has one for 170 but I have a manual transmission and they have the gear selector shown. Does anyone know of a company that rebuilds clusters?
  8. D

Speedometer Issues

The speedo on my 96 sport works perfectly until the vehicle warms up then drops down to zero while rmps work all the time. Does the 96 have a speed sensor or is it a cable? My clutch was replaced and the problem started. If it has the sensor is it faulting due to too much amperage going through...
  9. D

Jerking/Jumping in first gear

I had that happen a few times in the last couple weeks. Only does it for a second then will happen a few days later. Recently I've had a check engine code come up my thermostat is sticking, and the airbag light is either on or flashing.
  10. D

Solved 4x4 High Low Light Keeps Blinking....

relays Where did you find a those 3 relays for sale? Is that a dealer only item?
Back